4X4 VAN Conversion

Discussion in 'Dodge Truck Forum' started by SpokaneDodge, Nov 1, 2012.

1. SpokaneDodge

SpokaneDodge New Member

Friend wants a old passenger van full size but needs it in 4 wheel drive. Could one put the 4wd running gear from a truck into a van or did Dodge make W200 Or W300 full size passenger vans.
    Thanks and God Bless.

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

seen it done with gm...enough money and time and everything is possable

3. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin Staff Member

4. SpokaneDodge

SpokaneDodge New Member

Thanks guys! I will look into that. Too bad one of the big three didn't make a 4wd passenger 3/4 or 1 ton van.

Cheers and God Bless

5. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Are you sure about this???? The only reason I ask is I seen alot of different construction crews when I still lived in NJ that had 4X4 GM Vans. I know they weren't all custom made. I also remember seeing a handful in both Co and Ks while I was stationed out there; again GM.

But all in all I don't see why you couldn't mount a GM wan to a Burban frame of a Ford van to a Excursion frame. Or maybe a 2500 or 3500 P/U frame as well. Might have to go that route with Mopar as well. I know this can be done; there was a guy in my town that had a '70s Ford Conversion van that he mounted on a F250 frame (from somewhere in the same era). I remember seeing it as a kid (early/ mid 80s) then at local truck shows as I got older. I never got the full details of the bulid only because I'm not a huge Ford fan so I didn't care. I'll say though it was cool as **** to look at! Wicked '70s paint scheme on the outside, custom build interior, sitting on a 6" suspension 3" body lift riding on 44" TSL Boggers! I know it had a 460 power plant but that's the most I know about the rig. I did find out that he and a few buddies spent alot of time and went through alot of beer doing it in his garage. Sorry I can't tell you more!

6. batty1214

batty1214 Senior Member

ford has teamed up with quigley 4x4 and is producing 3/4 ton 4x4 vans, as is chevy. they cost a bit. but if you have a fullsize van, throw a tape on it, and find out your wheel base in length, and start hunting for a 4x4 frame that is similar enough to use. ive seen sone micro buses that people turned into motor homes that they did this with. works slick.

7. SpokaneDodge

SpokaneDodge New Member

Thanks guys for all the input1 I will defiantly keep it all in mind! Cheers and God Bless!

8. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin Staff Member

YOUR WELCOME..GOD BLESS YOU.