Dog Eats Combat Roach Bait !!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by hotrodpc, Mar 1, 2010.

1. hotrodpc

hotrodpc Senior Member

So my daughter lives in a real nice brand new military duplex. The scum that lived next door, moved out and now she has all these roaches coming over to her side of the duplex and she has a 3 month old and a 18 month girls and wanting the roaches gone, she places Combat Roach baits in the gated kitchen to so the dog and toddler could not get them. She calls me just now after 11pm from Abilene, Dyess AFB TX, panicing and all upset that her dog ate all the roach baits. As if I can do something. So while on the phone with her, I did a search for "my dog ate Combat Roach Baits". I found 2 hits and read them. Apparently, you give your dog 2-3 tablespoons of Hydrogen Peroxide, it makes the dog vomit, and all should be well. It also says dogs love these things. So word of caution for eveyone. Your dog will sniff them out and eat them. I'd make sure you put them where your pets can't them. My daughter had to run to the local mini mart on base to get some Peroxide, duhhhhhh what household with kids does not have peroxide on hand at all times. I think I am a bit disappointed in my daughter for the one. I'll update later as to what happens after she gives the dog the Peroxide. I hope this ends up being a funny story, and not a sad one. One article did say their Chiuhaua ate the baits and nothing happened. The dog is still kicking and they did nothing.

2. slims

slims Senior Member

tug captain
    #2 slims, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
    lol good story. the ole lady has a Chiuhaua. the little ***** gets into everything.

3. hotrodpc

hotrodpc Senior Member

My daughter just called and said she got the peroxide down the dog, now she just watching Roxy Dog run around the backyard and waiting for her to up-chuck so she can hose it down so the dog don't re eat it. So far the dog does not seem sick.

4. slims

slims Senior Member

tug captain
    thats good but grose lol

5. BernieB

BernieB Senior Member

I'm not sure peroxide will do the trick. Syrup of ipecac is the way to go, but good luck getting it into the dog...

6. slims

slims Senior Member

tug captain
    cant be harder than peroxide lol

7. mudseeker

mudseeker Senior Member

fixer of many things
    peroxide works very well. moms chihuahua got a silica absorbent pack from a shoe box once, it took him two days to work the peroxide out of his system. i think the vet gave him too much for his size.

8. bradrhale

bradrhale Senior Member

County Environmental Health Inspector
    my dog ate a popcycle stick once. never came up or out. guess we can use it later on as a splint if he breaks a rib or something later on.

9. hotrodpc

hotrodpc Senior Member

Apparently these Roach Baits aren't as bad on dogs as you'd think. I just talked to my daughter again, and she says Roxy Dog is fine, acting normal, eating, drinking and all.

10. BernieB

BernieB Senior Member

And completely roach free. :)