Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1994 Chevy K2500 4 wheel drive wiring HELP !!!!!

1994 Chevy K2500 4 wheel drive wiring HELP !!!!!

Somehow I have managed to rip the wiring off the 4 Wheel Drive of my k2500 4 wheel drive.

On mine there are two sets of wires coming out of the axle housing, one for the actuator with two wires and the other set of 3 or 4 wires coming out of the top of the axle in a clear tube.

The wires and connectors from the axle are intact, however the connectors coming from the wire loom and about 12 to 18 inches of the wire loom are missing.

Does anyone happen to know which colored wire from the loom goes to which pin position on the connectors? I am more of visual person so if you have pictures that would be great.

The truck is out on a hunting lease about 250 miles west of me so I cannot go look at the wires and see if they are color coded on both sides of where the connectors would have plugged in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    I have recently bought a - FixYa just click on where it says wiring diagram down below solutions #1 hope this helps

Blog Entries
    Tried to find pics no luck... 87 to 95 should be the same if you could look at one somewhere ..are plenty still around.

I will do that if I can find one.

I was told the 95 was built with an electric actuator and the wiring was different, but don't know that for sure. I just hate to go all the way out there and not be able to figure it out.

Without the 4 wheel drive I cannot make it up the hill to the top of the mesa which is where my deer blind and feeder are located.

I have three wiring schematics from Chevy also, but I am a bit confused. One says FOUR WHEEL DRIVE INDICATOR SCHEMATIC (94 TO CURRENT) ANOTHER SAYS, FOUR WHEEL DRIVE INDICATOR SCHEMATIC (94 W/K3) ,AND ANOTHER SAYS .... FOUR WHEEL DRIVE INDICATOR SCHEMATIC (94 WO/K3)

What in the world is K3?????

Blog Entries
    k3 means one ton axle ... wish i could help more. Your best bet would be find one like yours and look.

Found an 88 with the same wiring set up as mine at the lease. After looking at the 88, I got under mine to start sorting things out. but only 4 of the 5 wires are protruding from the wire loom.

Will have to trace the loom back across the top of the transmission to find the 5th wire and rewire from there. I hope to do it over Thanksgiving weekend.

Will let you know what I find.

Thanks for the help.

Blog Entries
    Wish you luck ... when it rains it pours huh.

There is a complete 1995 Chevy diesel and 5.7 gas wiring diagram...67 pages and free pdf download.... http:wwwpswired.com/misc/pacaudio/syswire.pdf .... This does give the entire truck wiring and as a free reference it is a good place to start and a good thing to have even if not exact for yours..it is close. David DDB

kinda hope it is fixed by now....or he missed last years dear season....however the site would be would be good for the info post its
    4 wheels move the body
    2 wheels move the soul
    B.W.A.I
    Snow is a lot like religion and a lot like sex....you never know when you are going to get it!....or how much you will get

Thanks Guys..... I went to a local salvage yard and found a 94 4x4 with a wiring loom. The engine was already gone so getting the entire wire loom from the transmission to the actuator was not a problem.

Took it out to the lease and found it to be different than the one on my 94. Strange.
    I guess there were different configurations for that year.

I did how ever use part of the loom to rewire the actuator plug and the wires from the distribution block. It works and works good, but I couldn't get the indicator to light up inside the truck. That isn't a big deal though. I only need the 4 wheel drive to get up and down the roads to the mesa's. Very seldom do they get enough rain to warrant 4 wheel drive to get around the ranch.

I don't deer hunt much more these days. I'm just not mad at them any more. LOL
    I do however predator hunt every chance I get. Here's a picture of the truck some of the animals we took in 2004.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast