Thread: 1988 Chevy S10 Tahoe Stalling Problem!

Exclamation 1988 Chevy S10 Tahoe Stalling Problem!

Engine : V6 2.8L Fuel Injection

....This has been on big phenomeon, I've Replaced, the MAP sensor, Throttle Positioning Senor (TPS), Plugs & Wires, O2 sensor, Air Filter, And went up and down all the Vacum Lines With a unlit propane torch ...No vac line leaks, Im running out of things to replace, But this is what its doing..

...When the truck sets in my driveway or my work parking lot, i get in it and crank it up, i try to let it idle, it wants to die out, then i give it gas for a little while, then put it in drive or reverse, the engine stalls out on me, even for a awhile when im driving it i slow down to turn or for a stop sign, stalls out, when it trys to idle, and everytime i go slow up a hill and make a complete stop to a stop sign or red light, BAM! it stalls.... im ready to shoot this truck.. its just problem over problem, put 5 master cyclinders on it, before i got one to work properly, new starter, new alternater, if anyone out there has any.. i mean any idea to what is going on with my truck, i would be in your gradatude, cause i took it to 4 mechanic's they dont know... and i just went apey and replaced the MAP & the TPS sensors, and that wasnt it... my hanes manual dont have anything..

....so any anwsers here, would make my day, thanks very much for reading
    Last edited by Kamikaze1987; 08-27-2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: ...forgot to put the engine details ..oops on the (newbie)

Welcome to the site.
    Plenty of posts in this site regarding similar symptoms. Have seen anything from bad EGR, to poor fuel pressure, to a bad distributor. A sloppy distirbutor can cause this problem at low rpm. You could also have a blockage in the fuel system return line. Blockage of the exhaust (bad cat) can also cause poor low rpm performance. Bad O2 sensor that is not in closed loop could also be running the engine at full rich conditions that could kill the engine at low rpm's.
    Gonna have to run some tests to isolate the problem.
    You have thrown parts at it already. Did the truck give you any codes that would indicate or lead you to believe that the replacement of the above parts were necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by 75K30 View Post
    Welcome to the site.
    Plenty of posts in this site regarding similar symptoms. Have seen anything from bad EGR, to poor fuel pressure, to a bad distributor. A sloppy distirbutor can cause this problem at low rpm. You could also have a blockage in the fuel system return line. Blockage of the exhaust (bad cat) can also cause poor low rpm performance. Bad O2 sensor that is not in closed loop could also be running the engine at full rich conditions that could kill the engine at low rpm's.
    Gonna have to run some tests to isolate the problem.
    You have thrown parts at it already. Did the truck give you any codes that would indicate or lead you to believe that the replacement of the above parts were necessary?

i put a o2 sensor in it about 6 or 7 months ago, and i get no codes what so ever... and i was thinking about popping a EGR in it next, but i want to be sure cause last two parts i put in it there was nothing wrong with em. but thanks for the info