Thread: Replacement batteries for 2500 HD Duramax Diesel

Question Replacement batteries for 2500 HD Duramax Diesel

I have one of my batteries that has failed a load test and needs replacing. Is it allright to buy a different type or manufacturer of battery than what is currently installed? I have the O.E. AC DELCO battery but it cost a lot more than some I have found.

You would probably be okay mixing battery brands, but. On a vehicle which uses two batterys it is generally suggested that you replace both batterys at once, just for the fact that one battery would be new and one old, and the older one would tend to pull the newer one down. I have a couple diesel tractors that take two batterys and it's just less hassle replacing both batterys with new at once. I would buy two of the less expensive, quality brand, same group size of course, and make sure they had atleast as many cold cranking amps as the originals. Just my suggestion.

personally buy the ac delco, they make VERY GOOD batteries, you`ll wish you did, i`ve purchased energizer, costco brand, motormaster, napa GOLD and yellow top optimas, all have failed me, delco have been the best,

you are going to want to replace both at the same time... my buddy had this probem his power joke and shortly after replacing just the one they both went dead 4 months later... he thought he had an electrical problem and took it in to the ford house and the mechanic said the old battery drew the new one down