Thread: 1998-1999 front end conversion kit?

Question 1998-1999 front end conversion kit?

is there a way to put a 1999 front headlights and grill on a 1998? some kinda conversion kit or something?

Currently, I live in Lancaster county, Pennsylvania.
    If you pull all the parts off a 99, like from a donor truck, you should be able to swap it right over. You will need the grill and the lights and the mounting brakets. What kind of truck we talkin anyways. I only ask because part of my plans for mine is to swap the 99 grill into my 98 as well. I like how the look better. The white one is a 98 and the tan is a 99, and I like the 99 over mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

i was wondering for a 1998 cheyenne. i like the way the new ones look to. yeah the 99 does look way better. thas my truck there on the left. i want it to look like the truck on the right. but with out buying one. i would rather put money in to this one then deal with buying another one.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I am with you. The 99 is much better looking. Why couldn't they do it one year earlier! LOL. I think it should be simple. Just have to find the grill in good shape.

Will it fit is the question?

The body design and the frame work did not change from 98-99, just some cosmetic features like the grill and lights and what not. Taking the full grill and light assembly off of another truck that you like and putting it on yours should be simple. Everything should line up and fit fine. I believe that you will be fine bud. Wiring will work, and screw holes should line up. I would even use wire mesh behind the grill, giving it a sharper look.

Quote Originally Posted by junior3382 View Post
    The body design and the frame work did not change from 98-99, just some cosmetic features like the grill and lights and what not. Taking the full grill and light assembly off of another truck that you like and putting it on yours should be simple. Everything should line up and fit fine. I believe that you will be fine bud. Wiring will work, and screw holes should line up. I would even use wire mesh behind the grill, giving it a sharper look.
    i would have to disagree with that. the 88-98 trucks were very different from the 99+. the fenders on the 98 drop straight down (where the grille meets the fenders) where the 99's drop down on an angle. the curves are different, the radiator supports are different, the bumpers are different. the wiring should be simple. you could make this work but there would be alot of work involved, as well as money unless you are capable of doing this kinda job on your own (sectioning fenders, possibly hoods, etc.) if you want a more modern ft end i would reccomend a Denali or Escalade, those can be bought in a kit.
    Hammered

You know what, he is right, that was my bad, I was looking at the wrong trucks that night when I answered that. I was tired..... Very tired. Sorry, do not take that post seriously. There is a difference between the 98 and 99. I Think I was look at the S series anyways, and there is no difference between those. I momentarily forgot we were talking full size. I had all this info running through my head about the conversion I am planning to do in mine. Thank you strokin350, I would have never noticed that little mistake.

Meanwhile, issue at hand, there will be more work involved in the full size putting a 99 grill and light assembly onto your 98. However. if you do it yourself, and take your time, it could be fun I would think. And be very unique.

With that being said, I will stop now before I cram my foot even further down my throat! LOL.