Thread: 2000 Chevy Blazer dome light problem

2000 Chevy Blazer dome light problem

I sure hope someone can help me. My best friend is a divorced single mom of 3 has two used 2000 Chevy blazers. She bought the second one off eBay this year as a back up vehicle for her job. It's in great shape. They are wonderful for her work as a local delivery carrier.

Two years ago her first Blazer started to have problems with the interior dome light that would not turn off. Intermittently it would just not go off after the car was parked and shut-off. It would look like all was OK and then in the morning the light would be on and the battery so low she needed to get it jump started by the local garage. It would run down her battery and cause all kinds of problems. IT cost $35-50 each time the guy came to jump it. After a lot of money and new batteries they finally disconnected the dome light.

In the dark winter months is its very helpful to have the dome light for her work in the the early morning stock up and last part of her route in order to see what packages and their addresses she still needs to deliver.

Now the next Blazer (the one she got off e-bay) is doing the same thing. Money is so tight trying to take care of three growing daughters and no one to help her especially with car issues. The dealership and the local garage have milked her dry. I feel so bad for her. She is trying so hard.

Does anyone know what the issue is with Blazers and their dome lights? Any idea of how to correct it and if at all possible do it VERY cheaply?
    If you don't know what to do, can you please help with suggestions as to where to go from here?
    Thanks;
    TerrieM

sounds like one of the door pins has quit working and needs to be replaced.
    A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste!

and welcome to the forum there are lots of great people here that will give you advise on this too.
    A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste!

yeah i would look into the door pin... they are cheap and when they dont work will cuase the dome light to stay on...

also there is a dome over ride button that she can push... when she gets out of the truck he can turn it off manually and when she needs it she can turn it on...and if she uses the rear hatch alot then it could be that door pin a well...

Dome Light

The door pins are fake. The dome light switch is in the door by the latch. I just had the window regulator replaced and when they did it they broke the switch, causing the dome light to stay on.

I had the same problem in one of my cars. It's a 2000 Intrigue, same old GM ********. All I did was take the lights out, problem solved. The cheapest way to fix the problem is have a flashlight in the truck haha. So thats what I did with the car.

First of all welcome and howdy from TEXAS the door pins are super cheap at the dealership just replace all of them also check the glove box there is one there it happen to me and there easy to remove. And Rarebreed what do you mean the door pins are fake?

the ones that are visable are for the lights and the one on the latch is for the radio and windows.... maybe vis versa.... i know when i had my door panel off the lights stayed on but when i would open and close the door the radio still shut off...almost locked the keys in the truck because of that but i had the back window open enought to get my hand in there