Thread: 2003 Chevy Silverado K1500 possible electrical problems

2003 Chevy Silverado K1500 possible electrical problems

I have a 03 Chevy Silverado 1500 with the 5.3 L motor and recently some strange things have been occuring that I cannot figure out. The other day I recieved a 'reduced engine power' warning, and I have read about several different possibilities for why my truck went into that mode. However, sense that day my truck has ran fine, with no problems. Before that I had been getting a check engine light, and once again sense that day the check engine light has not come back on. Keep in mind that I have not done any work to my truck to date. I am assuming that these events are related somehow.

In addition to that, my truck is randomly going into auto 4wd, 4-low, 4-high, and neutral when I start it. For example, this morning I started it and my truck was in the automatic 4wd. I put it back in 2wd and drove to the gas station. When I started my truck at the gas station it was 4-low for no good reason. This has been going on for awhile now, and I'm not sure if this issue is also related to the above issue. Anything is possible at this point as far as I know.

If there is anyone out there that might have an idea on where to start looking for solutions to my problems, I could really use all the help I can get. I am really at a lose when it comes to the electrical stuff (which I assume is the problem) on these newer vehicals.

Thanks.

Not an expert either but the first thing I would do is get it scanned for trouble codes. If you get it scanned at one of the places that does it for free, write out the codes that they get and hopefully some of the experts here will be able to tell you what they mean.

So, I had the codes scanned and I had two different thottle position sensor codes. I wasn't able to write the exact code down at the time, but one of the codes I believe dealt with the throttle position sensor itself. The second said something about a throttle possition corrolation problem... Any ideas on what either of these codes might actually mean to the common person?

Blog Entries
    What i would do disconnect battery for 10 minutes this will clear codes .. see if codes come back.
    Your computer was getting a wrong signal from throttle sensor.