Thread: 1997 chevy truck code p0430 help

1997 chevy truck code p0430 help

OK guys,

After fixing my engine problem, now I have a new code-P0430- the clogged cats code. I have replaced all 3 O2 sensors with Bosch premiums and the truck loses power above 3000 rpm, so I'm guessing the cats(2) are clogged. Can I somehow clean them? Anyone have any luck doing that? I have seen some stuff that claims to clean them but I'm skeptical. Please advise.

Blog Entries
    Sure must be some mean stuff. You are going to change probably anyways ..dropem see how truck runs .
    Just a thought ..

Gitter done have fun. Running on empty...running blind...running behind.....

I think I drove too long with the bad CTS sensor, and the truck was always in warm-up mode, thus the clogged cats. I'm hoping there's a simple and good way to clean them, if anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

Blog Entries
    If it is the cats.. notta what would you pour in tank that would clean them ...but not mess all other components up.
    Besides it would burn up /dissipated before it got to the cat.. what do you think?

Blog Entries
    Tell you how to check the cats... before cats will be a whole lot hotter.. than after.
    After truck cools ..crank ..put hand before.. and one after ..should get same temp.
    Not too long gets hot quick.
    Or if you had a temp gun... I have seen a clogged cat get cherry red ..seen grass catch fire under it. ..wild.

Will try tomorrow chase-thanks a million. Will report back my findings and lean on you some more. Chase you must have a **** of a time carrying all that knowledge around with you

I tried the hand trick and there is very little difference in temp from before and after the cats. I cleared the code and drove if for a couple days with no issues, and going down the road today the ses light came back on with the same code. I think I am going to check voltage at bank 2 O2 sensor-
    Chase can you explain how to do this in simple terms? I have a good meter-just need some easy to understand instructions how to check. I never got this code until after replacing the oxygen sensors, so I'm thinking maybe the new sensor isn't reading right?

Blog Entries
    02,s working right. But to check have to have a scanner to read live data.
    You would ..get a code for 02,s if any problem.
    When you scan if... 02,s reading should change alot and quick.
    I wouls say ... cts dumping fuel in mess cat up.
    Will think some more ... but rear 02 is working reading cat is below threshold .

Tell by my lazy typeing .. i,am slap dab tired .. done 2 metal roofs .. I know who cares lol