Thread: Tube and tubless tires swaped on tube and tubeless rims

Tube and tubless tires swaped on tube and tubeless rims

I got a guy telling me you can swap them no problem, just run a tube on the tube rim.

This is crazy right?

DS

Blog Entries
    You can put a tubeless valve in a tube rim put a tire on it . there is no difference in tires.
    They do not know what rim they are on. Is this what your asking mr. ds.

Gitter done have fun. Running on empty...running blind...running behind.....

To start this off 30 years or so ago when tubeless became common, I was told by the biggest ( of 3) tire guy in town that you couldn't swap its all different.

Now this involves tractors and specifically front end loaders. The old days you put old 7.00 6 ply truck tires on your tractor for cheap and loaders 7.50x16 (6 or 8) cause it was best ( wider heaver duty) all are tube type.

I know tube type have 5 degree rim walls, thicker bead area and a slightly different shape than tubeless and usually a flap and tube..

Tubeless have 15 degree rim walls, thinner bead area and more rounded beads.

I got a great pic showing both from a pdf file on a word doc but cant figure how to get it so i can post.

I talked to the #2 tire shop in a much bigger town and they say Maybe, they would have to look at what i got.
    I told them a tractor and still maybe they would have to see, couldn't tell me what they look for.

Now most tractor rims are 4.5 wide, you can get 5.5" imagine putting a 235/85/16 tubeless ( normally 6-6.5 wide rim) on a 4.5 or 5.5 wide tube rim.

The point is its hard to find the old tube truck tires in decent condition.

DS

as far as i can recollect the only diff was a hole to let the air out on tube loader rim(between the rim and tube)...smaller truck tires didn't need it as the air would come out around the valve stem
    4 wheels move the body
    2 wheels move the soul
    B.W.A.I
    Snow is a lot like religion and a lot like sex....you never know when you are going to get it!....or how much you will get

i'm running 245-16 truck tires from my 2500 on my backhoe front with out any problems for 3yrs
    4 wheels move the body
    2 wheels move the soul
    B.W.A.I
    Snow is a lot like religion and a lot like sex....you never know when you are going to get it!....or how much you will get