Thread: 1990 Chevy Silverado

1990 Chevy Silverado

Will the ignition module stop voltage to the fuel pump? We have replaced the pump, at that time the truck cranked and run and the next day tried to restart truck and had no voltage to pump. Checked voltage to the pump had no power. Fuel relay was replaced, still no power and we checked all fuses. Can anyone give me the solution? I need help please.

Blog Entries
    No ignition module cuts power at injectors. Did you check the pump fuse beside relay.
    Check crank fuse in fuse box. Check all the fuses . Do you have power at relay ?
    Did you check the gray wire at pump harness will be power wire.
    Check ground at tank good .

Gitter done have fun. Running on empty...running blind...running behind.....
    IF I CAN GET YOU TO SMILE BEFORE I LEAVE.

Blog Entries
    On your diagnostic port /adl/scan port ..under dash at steering column can jumper the g terminal with a wire from battery/12 volts
    See if pump runs....if no ..then either a bad ground at pump bad connection or bad pump.
    Here is a pic of the adl port. just click on red link. GM Diagnostic Connector

Blog Entries
    Here is where you fuse is located 1993 CHevy Silverado 1500 with a 5.7L 350 Fuse Box Diagram | Auto Fuse Box Diagram

Here is a wiring diagram for pump ... Sorry about the gray wire thought it was gray seems to be tan and white here is two diagrams
    1990 Chevy: wiring schematic..k1500 extended cab/eight foot bed - JustAnswer

I have a 1990 chevy 1500 5.7 tbi. My fuel pump wont run at all. - JustAnswer

kinda hard to add anything to what CC said.. usually when I have an issue like that I will clip an alligator clip to the pos bat terminal and then touch the fuse holder on the pump side.. that usually tells you instantly if the problem is with the pump side or the relay/ignition side. If the pump runs, the problem is power/ignition/relay. if the pump doesnt run then the problem is a bad wire or pump ground etc as CC already said.

BCM issues for my 2000 GMC Denali FIXED! I was having body control module issues on my 2000 Denali for months. Never knew when I would put the key in the ignition and have NOTHING happen. Figured out it was probably the BCM not recognizing the key therefore the security system (through the BCM) was shutting down the start capability for a brief period, usually about 15 minutes. Then I would have to go through an exercise of key-on, key-off ******** to get it to start. Well, here is the FREE solution. Leave the ******** key in the ignition forever. NEVER remove it once you get the system to recognize it (when the vehicle starts the key has been recognized). Of course you can simply turn the vehicle off as usual, just DON'T REMOVE THE KEY. Now, if you live in a high crime area (I don't), leaving the key in the ignition may not be a good idea but frankly I would rather have it stolen than keep refusing to start. And you can always lock the vehicle with the key fob (better keep a spare key handy in case your vehicle or the fob loses power). I still have the occasional freaky windshield wiper thingy (won't shut off from the wiper switch) but so what? I've saved tons of money and the vehicle has not refused to start for OVER a YEAR!!! FIXED.

Blog Entries
    Better of making a new thread.
    '96 K1500 Ext. Cab Z71, 5.7L, Spectre Air Intake, 4L60E, 200K+, 13/18mpg
    My other car is Aircooled
    '69 Patina (0\_!_/0)