Thread: Spark, no injector pulse, no fuel

Spark, no injector pulse, no fuel

I have a 87 chev truck, I've got lots of spark but no injector pulse and no fuel. When cranking the engine there is a drop of gas that comes out of the injectors but there's no power to them. Changed the fuel pump, the distributor cap, the throttle body and injectors, changed the computer, changed the complete wiring harness inside and out, pick up coil, and every censor on the engine. I drove it to my house 3 months ago and it hasn't started since. The only way it starts is if you prime the tuck, if you place gas in the injector holes, she will burn the prime then stop. I am a mechanic of 10 years and also have another mechanic of 25 years helping me and we can't figure this out anybody with any ideas please help!!!

Blog Entries
    These things will not let injectors fire if bad. The pickup coil on dist. shaft...the ignition module inside dist. on bottom.
    Coolant temp sensor..beside the thermostat. If the grounds at t stat ..are corroded will not fire injectors.
    Tps in flood mode will cut injectors . Does it have a check engine light on?
    Can ohm pickup coil should get 700 to 1200 ohm,s resistance. Could also be ignition switch.

Gitter done have fun. Running on empty...running blind...running behind.....

Thank You for the reply! I tried the pickup coil on dist. and the shaft. I also tried the ignition module inside the distributor. I changed over every sensor on my truck using the sensors from another truck that works fine and still no go. I tried several tps sensors. I can't see if there is a check engine light on because I can't get the truck to start long enough to put on a light. However the engine light is on when the ignition is turned ahead. I changed the ignition switch, I checked all the grounds,cleaned all the wires. changed the fuel pump relay on the firewall, I got lots of gas pressure to the throttle body. I really don't know what else to do or whats left to try.. running short on patience...Thanks for any help or advice anybody can give!!!

First off you need 12volt constant to the injectors so of you dont have that your doa. Should be a fuse for the injectors and the pcm suplies a ground puls.
    Sent using Boost mobile 4g htc evo.

Blog Entries
    Okay you have checked or replaced all...pour fuel in tbi it runs so ignition is good. So has to be a wiring prob.
    Right where wires plug in the side of dist. check these out good .

just a side note if i may......the "PINK" wire that comes off of dist. mod. hot side (it's not the one that goes to dist) it runs behind dist. across fire/w
    anyway "bare" a little piece of it, and run a short jumper wire from there to + on battery (this will give you hot to everything & make stuff run)
    then you can start scratching your head........LOL !

steven
    ALL DAYS ARE GOOD! .. SOME ARE A TOUCH BETTER ! .. IF YOU DON'T THINK SO .. JUST MISS ONE !!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rusobr2 View Post
    just a side note if i may......the "PINK" wire that comes off of dist. mod. hot side (it's not the one that goes to dist) it runs behind dist. across fire/w
    anyway "bare" a little piece of it, and run a short jumper wire from there to + on battery (this will give you hot to everything & make stuff run)
    then you can start scratching your head........LOL !

steven
    Gitter done lol

Chev 87, have you found a solution to your problem? I am having the exact same issue annd have tried same things!