Thread: fuel tank ground location 1998 van

fuel tank ground location 1998 van

Where is the ground wire for the fuel tank for a 1998 3500 5.7 van located? can it be seen with the tank installed? gauge acts erratic stays on full need to check ground.

Blog Entries
    Are you reading what i leave posted..in post 27 in your last thread is location...G103 on this van is on Right cylinder head..at rear.
    You must not believe me lol I,am like a well aligned vehicle..would not steer you wrong.

Gitter done have fun. Running on empty...running blind...running behind.....

Quote Originally Posted by chevychase View Post
    Are you reading what i leave posted..in post 27 in your last thread is location...G103 on this van is on Right cylinder head..at rear.
    You must not believe me lol I,am like a well aligned vehicle..would not steer you wrong.
    no I believe you, and you have been a great help. I just missed it in the replies from you and others. was more concerned with fuel supply ,than wrong gauge reading . But if I had to replace the tank fuel pump [since it supplied the gauge reading which could come from that ] I was not sure if it grounded through the wires back to the computer or old school to a common ground. this is my first injected vehicle I have dealt with. As they came out after I stopped doing mechanic work and never had any problems with any I owned since. I am trying to help someone repair this to re sell. she is retired and and lent her son money on it, as it stands now I don't see much if any profit being made. Having said that I don't want to pass this one on, leaving someone else with a p.o.s. to fix when they need a reliable work truck. I am going to start to replace the regulator tomorrow if the rain doesn't stop me. They just put me back on chemo, for the cancer and it slows me down somewhat. But I will fix this that's for sure. Thanks for your continuing help.

Blog Entries
    If only you could do the dead head test would know which was bad. Only reason i asked if you were going to keep the van .
    If you found it to be the regulator upgrade to the multi port system. The van now has poppets..and one big injector that batch fires.
    When the poppets gets 40 psi the poppets open sprays fuel..but the maxi injector needs at least 58 psi to start..will run on 52.
    The new setup has electric injectors fires individually. But cost around $450 to upgrade. I,am wondering if gauge is reading right?
    Do not see it even running on 30 psi? When you take plenum off if regulator is bad enough leaking you will know it .
    But would be awful if it was not regulator..you especially sick..helping others out..what a guy...
    And it is the pump . If it was me and in your situation i would sell it..explain to buyers the situation go from there.
    Knock off some on the price. So it runs good just takes three tries to start ? Wish i could help more my friend.
    Think maybe let the tank down just enough to get to the return line..just hate to see you changing parts ..not be it.

Blog Entries
    These will show you how to get to the regulator

Found somewhat of a vid.if maybe loosen front strap on tank get to the lines?