Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Removal of 1993 f350 dash bezel...how do i remove the light switch? PICS

Question Removal of 1993 f350 dash bezel...how do i remove the light switch? PICS

Hello i am trying to remove the bezel behind the steering wheel (where the spedometer is) and i got it to pop out but right now the light switch is in the way to remove it so how do i take the light switch off?

(this is what is in the way)

there is a little hole right here idk if this has something to do with removing it?

Stick a small screwdriver in the slot and pull towards you while holding the knob.. this releases a spring clip of sorts.. hold pressure on the screwdriver while pulling on the knob and it will come off. Right below the switch there is a trim piece that will pop off with a screwdriver you need to take it off and the one like it on the other side of the steering column to access the screws for the dash bezel.

That should get you going. I am not sure you can access this from the front though. Easy enough to get to from the rear. Gotta have your good feelers though.
    Good luck and welcome to the site.

Platinum Member
    what are you trying to accomplish?? i have to ask because you have me wondering about the bottle of armor all. if it would have been a hammer, i would not have asked.

The knob will come off from the front without accessing the "button" on the switch for removal of the front panel.. they are a bi### to get to so ford made it easier.

Depending on what you're up to and the spacing, maybe leave it connected and rotate as an assembly.
    Works well for me in chevys and bigger Intls when I'm going in the cluster.
    With door open, tilt set down and a little flex of molding saves steps.

brad sometimes you worry me, good eyesite though.

thanks for all the replies i will try it tomorrow or over the weekend..here is the story this will be my first vehicle (my dad gave it to me) it used to be and old...abused...work vehicle and there is like an inch thick of dust and dirt all over this truck so i am taking it all apart and cleaning every nook and crany....so yea thats what the armoral is for i just got finished painting some things on it....ill post pics when i am done

Platinum Member
    dont worry about me, everyone said theres no help.
    if you are going through that much work for a detail, can you put me on your list. congrats on the truck and good luck with her.

lol what part of texas are you in? I was thinking the same thing!now i need to come up with a price

Platinum Member
    Nacogdoches. there is alot of money in detailing more than likely. but never seen nobady take the dash apart to clean. you get it to come out yet??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast