Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 89 bronco running way to rich! Please please please help me!

Angry 89 bronco running way to rich! Please please please help me!

Gotta 1989 ford bronco ii 2.9l fuel injected with and auto over drive clunker behind it and it runs just like it says RICH! Exhaust smells of unburnt fuel and lots of it. Also runs like a .t.u.r.d. when first started and put in gear. I've been told cap and rotor ive been told emisions stuff and blah blah blah we dont have emissions test or anything so i dont care if its a little off but its not just a little off... But its bad! It even pours a little raw fuel out the exhaust when you give her a rev... So if you have a welth of knowlage please do share! thanks
    *** ALWAYS BRING A TOW STRAP FOR WHEN YOUR EGO GETS BIGGER THAN YOUR TIRES~BDUBS94 ***

Not an expert but I think I would look at the fuel pressure regulator. Make sure the vacuum pipe to it is good then pull the vacuum pipe and look for signs of gas in the pipe, if any found replace the FPR.
    Check also that the fuel return pipe from the FPR is not crushed/kinked.

where might i locate this fuel pressure regulator? and thanks
    *** ALWAYS BRING A TOW STRAP FOR WHEN YOUR EGO GETS BIGGER THAN YOUR TIRES~BDUBS94 ***

Should be on the fuel supply rail downstream of the injectors. Looks a bit like a small beer can with a vacuum pipe at one end.

well im puling the intake to change cap and rotor soon so ill have to look for it then. could it be cause of crossed wires? im assuming the spark set for another cylinder would be far enough off to not burn fuel before entering the exhaust??? any thoughts?

If the firing order is wrong there would be no time (cold, hot, low revs, high revs) that the engine would run without a vibration.

My money is on the MAP sensor. You will find it on the firewall or evaporator housing.. There is a vacuum hose going to it and a 3 wire plug. Make sure you have vacuum to it and if so swap out the sensor.

i'll check out the MAP sensor, but had no luck with a fuel pressure regulator. everything there checked out

bad head gaskets

havent found water in the oil... or vice versa... should i compression check it anyway? and just to furter my education on this how would a head gasket do this? shouldn't all signs point to something in the electronics??? or do they? im sooo sooo very lost but thanks to all who have been trying i really apriciate it but please do keep all the advice coming!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast