Thread: vacuum hose routing 2000 F150

vacuum hose routing 2000 F150

Hey Guys,,, I am needing a vacuum hose routing schematic for a 2000 F150 4X4. The engagement of the 4X4 had been sporadic and finally quit right when we needed it the most in a snow storm,,,,I saw where it has a 3 hose hook-up by battery box where the little plastic lines had broken. I repaird the three lines and gave her a try and still will not engage the front axle. I traced the lines to a black thingie on firewall that has two plastic vacuum lines "in" and two lines " out". Looks like it splits and two of the lines go behind battery to a vacuum reservoir. There is a open ended black hose by the "thingie" on firewall that I cannot figure where it should be connected and is one of the three that come from the solenoids at front diff engegement,,,,,?????? There is not a dwg on radiator shroud or anywhere under hood and since we got the PU new,, I know it never had one. Can anybody help,,,,????? Many thanks for any help...

is a 5.8 liter

Thanks for comrback. the engine is a 5.4 Triton

OK,, Let me try to clear it up a little. at the front diff, there are two small plastic hoses hooked to a diaphragm and one black rubber hose about 1/4" dia hooked to the diff itself, they are all three in a harness going up to firewall on pass side by hood hinge. There are two black plastic look like "solenoids" that the plastic hoses hook to bottom of and two electric wires that hook on top of them. The 1/4" rubber hose changes to a small black plastic hose and is the one that is not hooked up to anything,,,and I cannot see where it should be hooked up to. Can somebody please help,,,???

Blog Entries
    All i have ford vacuum diagrams are scarce for some reson

Gitter done have fun. Running on empty...running blind...running behind.....

Hey ChevyChase,,, many thanks for the schematic, it must be protected as I could not get it to print even saving as,,, The first tap from main vac is the one going to "4X2 and 4X4 disconnect soleniods" at top of dwg, and is not shown,,, which is what I needed,,, Thanks for your help.. Joe r

Blog Entries
    Is all working right heat and such ..a pic would help ..only diagrams available.

Gitter done have fun. Running on empty...running blind...running behind.....