Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tire repair/ bead seal information needed

Tire repair/ bead seal information needed

Where can I buy that tire bead seal that tire shops use to seal tires to the rims at? I have a tire that I cant get to seal against the rim.

is it because the rim is rusty or the bead of the tire is torn.
    Window tint its for window, Not for tail lights. Don't be that guy .

Its on a 15x6 2ply riding mower wheel/tire. Already tried grease lightning.

Alternate procedure

If you have the nerve, try this technique. My friend mounts rig and 4X4 tires for a living and taught me this, it works on smaller tires too using NOT AS MUCH starter fluid. Obviously, don't be an idiot and you'll be fine.

YouTube - Tire Mounting 101

tire seal

the worst tire's to keep sealed are tractor tire's 'when i mount them i make sure the bead of the rim is clean and in good shape no pit's or rust.if they are rusted i use a grinder with a wire wheel to remove the rust ,and use a bead conditioning product on the rim and the tire bead ,liberally applied with a brush ,and then mount it .the product is called freylube i have only seen it at Midwest wheel and it comes in a 4 or 5 pound tube .it condition's the bead of the tire helping to promote sealing a older tire and keeping the rim from rusting any more .if all else fails put A inner tube in it !ithink i payed about 10.00 or 12.00 bucks give them a call of course it's a life time supply if you cant find a truck tire shop that you can glom on to a little bit i got a tub and it will last me forever .
    FREYLUBE - NoRimRust PREMA
    Midwest Wheel Companies -Product Lines

ok, I got it back on rim and sealed with grease lightning. I didnt use starter fluid or tire bead seal either. I the guy at advance auto said to use ratchet strap it around the middle of the tire and it would push out bead of the tire to seal it. It worked.

Thanks for the help.

glad to hear you got it fixed...... For future reference, I order all of my tire supply stuff for work, which ranges from 12-15 tires to the 50-65-51 loader tires, From a site called Myers Tire supply... they carry everything anyone would ever need for tire maintance, repair and tracking.......

Oh I read you were trying to get it to seal to the rim, not having trouble seating the bead. I use the strap technigue alot for seating the bead on narrower tires. Glad you go ti .
    Window tint its for window, Not for tail lights. Don't be that guy .

heh, just make sure to release the ratchet strap before putting much air in it.... if your tire machine is the same height as mine, and the strap breaks??? yes, you lay on the floor holding your groin while your wife lays in the gravel kicking her feet making eeeeEEEEeeeeEEEE noises

working at a shop for the past couple of years i have done many tire repairs. The only thing that can cause your bead not to set on the tim properly can be, 1. a bent rim, 2. torn bead on tire, or 3. the rim is rusting or plating on the inside. If the rim is rusting or plating, you will want sand all of the area where rim rusted. You should check where the tire is leaking from first before you try to repair it, or clean the whole rim bead seat. The bead sealer is some nasty stuff, if you use it, you may have difficulty getting the tire off the rim when your tire is done. and the sealer may stick to your rim (sepending on the material the rim is made of) and cleaning that off can be a difficult task in itself.
    I would say research it a little more and see what your other options may be, and you can most likely order bead sealer from the internet. hope this helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast