Thread: walmart's goodyear tires

walmart's goodyear tires

Well walmart had a ******* deal on some goodyear tires...50 bucks each, for goodyear wrangler radials (235/75 r15), had to pick them up

I was looking around on the internet though, to compare prices, and i can't find them anywhere, not even on goodyear's website. They have tons of 'wrangler' tires but none simply called 'wrangler radial' like mine, none have the same tread. What's the deal here?

good deal on em? i figure goodyear's must normally cost at least 75 bucks each. is this some discontinued tire or something, is there some sort of defect here or some reason walmart is giving them away so cheap, or some reason that i can't find them anywhere else?

Thank you
    Last edited by Moostang; 07-12-2006 at 08:58 AM. Reason: censor word

Platinum Member
    sounds like a good deal to me, cheapy tires run about 40 to 50 i reckon. id buy them if they looked worth a flip

so, these are the ones:

i paid 50 each though, not 57 like walmart's website says

wal mart has a few of the other 'wrangler' tires that are on goodyear's website, and they charge much more for those...i am just trying to figure out why these are so much cheaper and why they aren't on goodyear's website.

anyway, they aren't on my truck yet, just sitting in the garage, but it looks like i got a pretty good deal...i hope there isn't some reason for them being so cheap...i'm guessing that it's just an older model that goodyear doesnt make anymore, and walmart had a big stack of them they needed to get rid of
    Last edited by mochester; 07-11-2006 at 03:46 PM.

Platinum Member
    i used to work for wal-mart. there is a reason you can't find the tires on goodyears web-site, i read about it on an anti-walmart forum. i'll try to find it for you. i think it had something to do about the warrenty.?
    <----just your average 5.3

hey yeah man let me know if you find that, it'd be an interesting read

Walmart contracts Goodyear to make them tires to sell. They are "Walmart's" Goodyear. There is no warranty on them from Goodyear, only WALMART's warranty. They are not bad tires, just not the Goodyear tire we have come to expect. They meet all DOT requirements and pass all the contract requirements from Walmart so they can be sold for the price. The mileage and life you get greatly depends on how you drive and take care of them.

Platinum Member
    ^^^ about sumed it up right there.

Platinum Member
    thats all i needed to know

makes sense

i just hope i don't find out when i put them on that they suck for one reason or another

hey how horrible do you think it would be to try some mild off-roading with tires like this?

right now i have 31" bf goodrich all-terrains. i can see them wearing down more than more, and they're such expensive tires, i just want to put them in the garage and hold onto them untill i can get some good use out of them....burn these cheap ones up driving around in the city, and hopefully get a little more torque and/or gas milage for city driving. but i am not sure that i won't decide to take it off road while they're on there...its just that if i do, it will be one day, you know, so its not worth it to tear up these all-terrains doing my daily city driving delivery job just because i might take it off road once or twice

walmart calls them " all terrain" tires and says they will work for off-road conditions and snow, we'll see...well not the snow part, not going to be any snow here haha

i know they will be **** in mud or conditions where tons of traction is needed, but i mean, driving on some dirt trails and such
    Last edited by mochester; 07-14-2006 at 02:34 PM.

Platinum Member
    they should be fine on dry ground, but i would stay away from the mud.