Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extended range fuel tanks

Extended range fuel tanks

Does anyone out there know where to get a larger or aux fuel tank for a 2009 GMC extended cab 4x4? the existing 26 gal just doesnt do it for me. titan makes great fuel tanks but they only make them for diesel. any help would be awesomely helpful! thanks.

try lmc truck.com

thanks buddy.. they dont have anything for that new a truck (09)... any place else comes to mind? thanks again!

nope, maybe a junkyard

larger fuel tanks

Keep in mind I have a 26gal tank on a 2009 GMC Sierra w/6.5' bed
    Ok, so I found several options for bigger fuel tanks for diesel engines but what about us guys with the 1500 gasoline engines? This issues leaves me with 1 question or another:
    1. Is there a place where you can buy a larger replacement fuel tank for gasoline engines (not one that goes in the bed, don't want to lose any of my 6.5' bed)
    OR
    2. Is there a larger tank off of an older model truck that would fit as a replacement for my stock tank, maybe one that I'd have an easier time finding in a junk yard?

Now going from the 26gal up to a 35gal would be nice and I'd jump on that if I could find one relatively cheap but I'm also interested in larger options than that.

Quote Originally Posted by drbob11 View Post
    Does anyone out there know where to get a larger or aux fuel tank for a 2009 GMC extended cab 4x4? the existing 26 gal just doesnt do it for me. titan makes great fuel tanks but they only make them for diesel. any help would be awesomely helpful! thanks.

Aftermarket and OEM Fuel Tank Systems

gas and diesel tanks
    SHD

1989 GMC 1500 (PROJECT CHEAP TRUCK)

Keep in mind I have a 26gal tank on a 2009 GMC Sierra w/6.5' bed
    Ok, so I found several options for bigger fuel tanks for diesel engines but what about us guys with the 1500 gasoline engines? This issues leaves me with 1 question or another:
    1. Is there a place where you can buy a larger replacement fuel tank for gasoline engines (not one that goes in the bed, don't want to lose any of my 6.5' bed)
    OR
    2. Is there a larger tank off of an older model truck that would fit as a replacement for my stock tank, maybe one that I'd have an easier time finding in a junk yard?

Now going from the 26gal up to a 35gal would be nice and I'd jump on that if I could find one relatively cheap but I'm also interested in larger options than that.
    Aftermarket and OEM Fuel Tank Systems

gas and diesel tanks
    SHD

1989 GMC 1500 (PROJECT CHEAP TRUCK)

The 1500 truck should be getting decent mileage, so the 25 gallons can last a while.
    Transfer flow makes an under belly replacement tank but it costs about $1,000.00. (US)
    For that kind of cash, I would visit the gas station a little more often.

thanks guys... but every tank company i found online or else where sell only tanks for diesels. the main reason they do not make gas for newer trucks is because of epa testing cost so much. the place that actually has what i am looking for is the GM dealer itself. they carry a 35 gal tank that will replace the existing from what i have found out. the parts guys i spoke to still are not 100% sure it will bolt right in. i have to do a little research. i will say that the tank costs a whopping $260 bucks.

thanks guys... but every tank company i found online or else where sell only tanks for diesels. the main reason they do not make gas for newer trucks is because of epa testing cost so much. the place that actually has what i am looking for is the GM dealer itself. they carry a 35 gal tank that will replace the existing from what i have found out. the parts guys i spoke to still are not 100% sure it will bolt right in. i have to do a little research. i will say that the tank costs a whopping $260 bucks.
    Check close on the 35 gallon tank Dr Bob. That may be for long bed trucks. The reason the shortbeds have smaller tanks is due to the leaf spring hangers and the amount of space to install the tank. It been pretty much about the same since 88, 26 gallons on short bed trucks, 34 gallon on long bed trucks. Then the Cab and Chassis one tons could also have the 31 gallon tank in the far rear, and sometimes even have 2 tanks. Also keep in mind, you go getting a biggo tank, you are carrying around alot of weight in fuel and that doesn't help the mpg any either.
    85 Sierra Classic K1500
    85 Silverado K10
    84 Silverado C20

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast