Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1975 Gentleman Jim??

1975 Gentleman Jim??

I have a 1975 Gentleman jim that was givin to me from my grandpa about 10 years ago, It is in really good condition and only has 80000 original miles on it. I know the history of this truck and I know that the truck is 100% original. I was thinking about fixing it up, the motor and transmission need to be gone through and replace seals and gaskets because it sat so long that it leaks a little now. the interior is not in the best of shape so ill need some new parts for it and im not even sure if i will be able to find them. does anyone know the value of theres trucks and rather or not you can still get parts for it (by parts I mean stuff like a new dash and interior parts that would have been exclusive to this truck). Just wondering what some of you thought about this truck and rather it would be worth the time to restore it. I would love to hear what everyone thanks.

Man! I havent thought about an ol Gentleman Jim in YEARS!. It made me smile when I seen that. The ones I remember where Black & Gold. They were all sharp trucks back then. Long wheel base... well they were "long wheel base" then... now I think they are "long bed". It had Gentleman Jim right on the rear quarter pannel.
    To answer your question, I dont have a clue what it would be worth but I would suspect its worth a little more than a regualr truck of its time. I used to have a catalog sent to me every month that was specificly for that body style truck. It had all kinds of parts, seats, origanal dash & after market dash etc. Doors, moldings everything. I dont have any left lying around but maybe someone will know the company I am talking about. If we could get you to that site & get you a catalog, you could get anything you need right down to clips & original screws to put that thing back right. Good luck & if I think of the name of the company, I will re post.

Got any pics of it to post.

Auto Banned
    LMC trucks should have every thing you need to restore. and yes, that would make a nice truck. i would like to have one myself.

LMC is the company I was talking about I think. They have a good catalog & the prices arent bad either.

thanks guys I will check that out and see what they have. I can take some pics and post them for sure, it will try and do that this after noon.

Im not sure how to put the pics on the thread itself but i put a few on my truck photos. just click on my name and then on my truck pics.

My dad worked at a GMC dealership as a service manager so every year he would get a new truck I remember these trucks they were nice brand new. He would dress them up nice he would also have the front end lifted up or to make his truck look level I remember his customers would be wanting his trucks since they would come out so nice some add on's were push bar, headache rack, nice hubcaps, and so on.
    http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae98/falken86/dadnew-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gmctrucks View Post
    My dad worked at a GMC dealership as a service manager so every year he would get a new truck I remember these trucks they were nice brand new. He would dress them up nice he would also have the front end lifted up or to make his truck look level I remember his customers would be wanting his trucks since they would come out so nice some add on's were push bar, headache rack, nice hubcaps, and so on.
    My older brother worked in sales at the same dealership he had some nice trucks, and full size Blazers then came a IH dealership those Scouts were fun to drive we had one the SS II were a blast.
    http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae98/falken86/dadnew-1.jpg

'75 Gentleman Jim

Own one myself. This is a GREAT truck! Only 1,000 were made, and they are only 1975 vintage. 350/4bbl/auto/air cond/cruise control/low-back buckets/turbo hydramatic 350 transmission/wood grain trim/every gauge available/even the original radio with the mechanical buttons.

I got lucky and was able to pick up mine for a song and it was in fantastic condition. All numbers match too! Problem with verifying 1975 truck numbers are in-line is that most records were destroyed in a fire. NADA Classic pricing guide pricing put it at around $13k for best condition. I did need to replace a rear transmission seal, bu when I dropped the pan, I found a small amount of friction plate material, so I decided to drop the transmission and re-build it.

One thing lead to another and yesterday I pulled the motor out to do a little general housekeeping and replace some small wear-and-tear items. It also gives me the opportunity to do a good cleaning under the hood and spruce it up a bit - replace motor mounts, a few pieces of the wiring harness, etc... This also lets me put the tranny and engine back in as an assembly - always better than trying to horse a tranny in place from beneath the vehicle.

Without a doubt, this is the sweetest truck I've owned! Obviously worth keeping and putting back in shape if you're still asking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast