Thread: Wiper Arm replacement options - 94 GMC Sierra 2500 SLE 4x4

Wiper Arm replacement options - 94 GMC Sierra 2500 SLE 4x4

94 GMC 2500 Sierra SLE 4x4
    I've searched threads but most have been about the wiper motor.

My issue is the wiper blades need to be replaced, my blade arms do Not come off, local auto shop wiper blade book shows as a replacement piece of rubber... conveniently no longer available, or at least not through the big chain stores here.

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories for Chevy, GMC, Ford and Dodge Trucks from LMCTruck.com Thought this would be the place but only offers the kind where the blade and it's housing "unclip" from the wiper arm, not my type.

My question is can I buy a total new wiper arm where I can buy blades at auto zone and put them on as needed? Is there anything special I need to know about the spindle where I attach the arm... thinking of checking pick-a-part and pull one off a newer GMC or Chevy. Will this work?

Recap: My wiper blade itself is bound by a rivet of sorts... it doesn't come off in order to attach new blade from say auto zone. Looking for info on changing to a more up to date one.

Thank you.

The blade should come off. Your arm should either have a pin, my '93 has one. The blade assembly snaps onto it. Or a U shaped end on the arm, my 96 & 99 have those.

I can take a pic and post it of mine tomorrow afternoon if it would help you.
    Terry

'69 VW Bug
    '93 GMC Sierra 1500 X Cab now my Daughters ride
    '96 Chevy Suburban
    '99 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab big block farm truck

No need for pic. I appreciate the offer. I guess the rivet/pin is my issue. I will literally have to hammer the pin out and there is NO 'u' bend in the wiper arm. I also have 1994 Nissan and the wiper arms are like everyone else's with the said bend. I just didn't want to strong arm the blade if there was another way.

I know this inquiry sound silly... I'm still partially dumbfounded myself, never seen it on a car 1980 or newer, Weird.

Thanks for the help.

Does your blade rotate 360 degrees on this "rivet/pin" that you want to drive out?
    Terry

'69 VW Bug
    '96 Chevy Suburban

I bought new arms from my local GM dealership. They have the U-bend that you say yours don't have. I can't say I've ever seen any that don't have that type of end.

'88 - 'mid '94 they had a pin at the end of the arm, about 1/2" long set at 90 degree angle from the arm. The wiper blade attached to. Has a retaining clip that snaps around it to hold the wiper blade on. They changed to the U shaped type for rest of '94 run - '99.
    Terry

'69 VW Bug
    '96 Chevy Suburban

Awesome! I really appreciate the time & effort. Its also nice to know I'm not completely crazy with this pin blade connection.

Thanks again!!