Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cluster This!!!!!

Cluster This!!!!!

My wife has a 2004 envoy that has been a good vehicle. a couple of little things here and there but overall very good. O.K. here is the problem it was having intermittent instrument cluster problems, tach malfunctioning, some indicator light coming on when not supposed to and vice a versa. Had the instrument cluster rebuilt because apparently those vehicles were known for that problem, something with the stepper motors. Installed the rebuilt unit and still had the same problem, no gauges working some lights staying on others not. Drove to the store and all of a sudden everything worked as it should. Came out of the store a blah same old problem. Any ideas, Thank you

Blog Entries
    Could be ignition switch..bcm/body control module...bad solder joints on back of panel.Can you tap it all eitrher works ..or goes out.
    Check all grounds. Try disconnecting the battery both posts/terminals..leave loose for 15 minutes..before putting back..touch both terminals together for 10 seconds.
    Sets all back to factory default. Also clean the double battery post good.

Gitter done have fun. Running on empty...running blind...running behind.....

Blog Entries

Thank you Sir great info i'll let you know how i make out. I like it here already

see if gm will cover it for free....they had a lot of cluster problems they were fixing beyond the 36 months
    4 wheels move the body
    2 wheels move the soul
    B.W.A.I
    Snow is a lot like religion and a lot like sex....you never know when you are going to get it!....or how much you will get

Quote Originally Posted by chevychase View Post
    Could be ignition switch..bcm/body control module...bad solder joints on back of panel.Can you tap it all eitrher works ..or goes out.
    Check all grounds. Try disconnecting the battery both posts/terminals..leave loose for 15 minutes..before putting back..touch both terminals together for 10 seconds.
    Sets all back to factory default. Also clean the double battery post good.
    Tried disconnecting the battery to see if that would work. no luck. Where is the BCM on the 04Envoy. Im pretty sure i can find the ignition switch. If not i got bigger problems. Thanks again

Blog Entries
    This is located under the second row seat. Check the connections at this module.You can do nothing to it...maybe get a good scan see if you get any codes for this.It is a high dollar part..and if you need one have to get reprogramed at a dealer. Sure it is not a bad connection? click on the link http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/1wd2...mittently.html

This link should help Sparky's Answers: This 2005 Chevrolet Suburban Instrument Cluster Does Not Work

Will try to find a wiring diagram if needed

Blog Entries

Thanks c.c. I have a feeling im gonna be buying you a beer or two. Thats right when it comes to an electrical problem; back to basics usually does it, thanks for the reminder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketron View Post
    Thanks c.c. I have a feeling im gonna be buying you a beer or two..
    No drink alcohol..maybe a mickey d tea..or coffee...i,am thinking connection..you got a new cluster.
    Still have the problem ..check sparky out ..need more info will try to help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast