Thread: Backup light switch location

Backup light switch location

Hello,

I have a 95 1/2 ton 305 v8 5 speed. I believe the backup light switch is bad. Will I find it bolted to the transmission, or should I look elsewhere? Thanks in advance,

theoldman

It is located at the base of your shifter on the left hand side. Shouldn't be too hard to fix if you go in through the top
    '93 Isuzu Amigo, Toyota Axles/Tcase/Drivelines, 35" MTR's. '01 Pathy, DD.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present. - RW Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Ford4x4Chik27
    It is located at the base of your shifter on the left hand side. Shouldn't be too hard to fix if you go in through the top
    Incorrect, the truck is a 95 1/2 ton 305 v8 5 speed which is a manual transmission. the back up light switch is located on the transmission. there are only two sensors on the transmission the sensor to the rear of the transmission is the speed sensor, and the other is the back up light switch, which is on the drivers side of the transmission, about mid way it will have two wires one is pink and the other light green

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat5544
    Incorrect, the truck is a 95 1/2 ton 305 v8 5 speed which is a manual transmission. the back up light switch is located on the transmission. there are only two sensors on the transmission the sensor to the rear of the transmission is the speed sensor, and the other is the back up light switch, which is on the drivers side of the transmission, about mid way it will have two wires one is pink and the other light green
    According to the OEM specs it is on the left hand (which would be the driver's) side of the MANUAL SHIFTER on the transmission.
    '93 Isuzu Amigo, Toyota Axles/Tcase/Drivelines, 35" MTR's. '01 Pathy, DD.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present. - RW Emerson

?I have a 93 GMC sierra 1/2 ton 4x4, 5.7L with an auto. trans. Is the back up switch located on the trans. somewhere? I jacked the truck up and searched all around the transmission with my hand and I couldnt find it anywhere. Any suggestions?