Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1989 toyota truck

1989 toyota truck

Hi, I am new here and have a big problem with my truck. I need to know how to bring up codes and reset my computer first off if anyone can help.....Thanks

Welcome the quickest way to RESET is disconnect the battery but you want to retrieve the codes first obviously. As for how to give me a minute I can try to find out if not some one will be long shortly.
    sig by crmzendrgone

Something is telling me that is is similar to GMs and all you need is to jump to ports looking on what two ports.
    sig by crmzendrgone

Here is this so far
    Bridge E1 & TE1 in the DIAGNOSTICS port
    Check engine light procedure and codes

</B>The ECU detects malfunctions or abnormalities in the sensor network and lights a check engine warning light on the Instrument panel. At the same time the trouble is identified and a diagnostic code is recorded by the ECU. The diagnostic code can read by the number of blinks of the check engine warning light when terminals T and E1 are bridged within the diagnostics port.
    Instructions for checking the �Check engine warning light�
    </B>1.�� Locate the diagnostics socket in the engine , found on the right hand side of engine.
    2.�� Bridge terminals TE1 and E1 with a thin piece of wire.

3.�� The "Check engine warning light� on the dashboard will start to flash with any stored error codes
    4��� The number and consistency of the flashed indicates the error code.
    Example : Error 24 - Intake Air Temp. Sensor fault
    FLASH�FLASH����.�.FLASH�FLASH�.FLASH�.FLASH
    Each number is separated by a pause. Therefore if the light flashes twice then pauses, then flashed four times , the code 24 is produced. The
    code is continuously repeated, and there may be more than one error code stored.
    Once the fault is diagnosed and cured, it is a good idea to erase the errors codes from the ECU by disconnecting the Battery Negative cable.
    1Normal Condition.2Air Flow Meter signal.3Ignition signal.4Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor signal.5Oxygen Sensor.6RPM signal (Crank Angle Pulse).7Throttle Position Sensor signal.8Intake Air Temperature Sensor signal.9Vehicle Speed Sensor signal.10Starter signal. (STA signal)11Switch signal.11ECU/ECM.12Knock Control Sensor signal.12RPM signal.13Knock Control CPU (ECM).13RPM signal.14Turbocharger Pressure.14Ignition signal.21Oxygen Sensor.22Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor signal.23Intake Air Temperature Sensor signal.24Intake Air Temperature Sensor signal.25Air-Fuel Ratio Lean.26Air-Fuel Ratio Rich.27Sub Oxygen Sensor signal.28No. 2 Oxygen Sensor signal.31Air Flow Meter signal (Vacuum Sensor signal).32Air Flow Meter signal.34Turbocharger Pressure signal.35Turbocharger Pressure Sensor signal.35HAC Sensor signal.41Throttle Position Sensor signal.42Vehicle Speed Sensor signal.43Starter signal.51Switch signal.52Knock Sensor signal.53Knock Sensor signal.54Inter-cooler ECM signal.71EGR System.72Fuel Cut Solenoid signal.78Fuel Pump Control signal.81TCM Communication.83TCM Communication.84TCM Communication.85TCM Communication.
    sig by crmzendrgone

here it is for 91 toyota.

right next to your battery you'll see a diagnostic box, open that and take a small paper clip to connect the e1 to Te1 terminal, turn key on and count the flashes

Diagnostic Trouble Codes - 1990
    Toyota

11 ECU Power Supply.
    12 Engine RPM Signal.
    13 Engine RPM Signal.
    14 Ignition Signal.
    21 Oxygen Sensor (OS) Signal.
    22 Water Temperature Sensor (THW) Signal.
    24 Intake Air Temperature Sensor (THA) Signal.
    25 Air/Fuel ratio lean. 26 Air/Fuel ratio rich.
    27 Sub-oxygen sensor signal.
    31 Air Flow Meter Signal.
    32 Air Flow Meter Signal.
    41 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS).
    42 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Signal.
    43 Starter Circuit Signal. 51 Switch Condition Signal.
    71 EGR system malfunction. Extracting Trouble Codes:
    1. Turn the ignition switch to ON. Do not start the engine.

2. Using a jumprt wire, short terminals T and E1 of the check connector.

3. Read the diagnostic code as indicated by the number of flashes of the "CHECK" engine warning light.

Check Connector (Located Underhood)

Not sure this vehicle but?
    sig by crmzendrgone

1989 toyota truck

Thanks everyone but its not the problem, here is what happened.....The other day I was driving to work and it sputterred a little bit and stopped.....no big deal just thought is was a little bad gas.........the next day it did it again a little worse........the next day driving to work it sputtered real bad like it was running out of gas......i pulled over and barely kept it running and after about 15 minutes of this it got better enough to drive it back home 3 miles.......that night I replaced the fuel filter and it ran great,so my wife drove it 150 miles south to the doctors and it ran great until she left the doctors 1 hour later and it started the sputtering again.......so my friend down their changed the fuel filter again to no avail........I did the diagnostic check and all i got was 21(o2 sensor)but their wasnt one on their when i bought it 6 months ago. So.....could it be the fuel pump. fuel pump relay, I am stuck here with not much money

1989 toyota truck

oh yea, is their a way to check the fuel pump or the relay?

the codes that came up are 13,14,21,43

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast