1965 chevy truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by nathanael, Sep 29, 2012.

1. nathanael

nathanael New Member

i wont to put my 1965 chevy swb truck body on a 2000 r newer truck r tahoe chassis can this be done and if so what does it take to do it

2. scavanger

scavanger Full Member

It is all a matter of how good you are at making things fit. You will need a well equipped shop to do it .
    First off find a donor , take a tape measure and start comparing . Sketch out the measurements on
    both trucks and see what you have. The width and length of the frame have to be somewhere close.

1 person likes this.
  3. chevychase

chevychase Senior Moderator Staff Member

4. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

I seen on Monkey Garage they placed a 59 Ford Van on a Roadmaster car frame I bet it was going to have a smooth ride when finished.

5. Sodell

Sodell Senior Member

If you don't have a welder,or know how to weld it would be very difficult, or expensive:)

6. hotrodpc

hotrodpc Senior Member

Wrong show there Mr. Roland, How you doing Sir???
    Fast and Loud is Monkey Garage in Dallas. That was done on that other show Texas Car something. I seen that episode too. It more of a Suburban type Panel truck rather than a Van.

So, why are you wanting to go all the way to a 2000 Chassis??? What are you trying to accomplish? Disk brakes, more modern suspension, power steering etc I assume? You'll have much better luck and easier to do if you use an 80's Squarebody frame. Not saying the GMT800 frame won't work, but less work with the Squarebody, and a much more common swap.

7. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Moderator Staff Member

Texas car wars?

8. hotrodpc

hotrodpc Senior Member

I think that's it. This episode Roland is talking about, the truck didn't get finished cuz the people were stupid wanting a high dollar paint job, then they changed their mind and the budget was there to finish it. Stupid idiot customers.

9. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Moderator Staff Member

Yea it was texas car wars saw the end of it, they put a 25k down payment on it then go to paint and the guy changes his mind didn't want the candy color or something, then they have to wait and take the guy to court to settle it.

10. hotrodpc

hotrodpc Senior Member

That's the one.