1984 mazda b2000

Discussion in 'Mazda Truck Forum' started by Truckiner, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Truckiner

Truckiner New Member

Okay so my truck was having issues starting, and the engine would crank but not fully start and then it sounded like the starter somewhat ******* out and slowed down and wouldn't make a noise if I tried starting it again. Idiot me went thinking it was my starter that needed fixing, but the truck would run strong otherwise. The shop then proceeded to tell me the truck was fine at 10 this morning, then told my dad it needed a full rebuild when he picked it up at noon. One of the spark plugs wasn't even plugged in so once I got that taken care of it started right up and idled fine. I shut it off and started it again after 10-20 minutes to see if it still could, and now it will idle at extremely low RPMs and shake the whole **** truck until it just shuts off. Wtf did they do to me? Cause seriously besides starting the truck ran amazingly, and now it's better at starting but now won't idle, and when I throw it in first and try to go for the first 1500 or so RPM (no tach just guessing) has almost no power and I have to floor it to keep it from stalling out. Wtf. any help please

2. Truckiner

Truckiner New Member

They stuck like part of a pen keeping the carbs butterfly open.....

3. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

Check and be sure all of the sparking plug wires is hooked to their proper terminals and the proper plug.
    Check the timing.
    Be sure all of the vacuum hoses/lines are hooked to their perspective components.

1 person likes this.
  4. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

They are the ones that are the idiots, who knowsw what else they might have lost down the carb.

1 person likes this.
  5. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    Sounds like carb. choke they penned open? Maybe check fuel pressure ..and filter.

6. broke1

broke1 Full Member

house wife
    I have a 1984 Mazda B2000 as well. When I got the truck it had one vacuum line on it. And I am pretty sure it was not hooked up right.
    It ran from the valve cover over to the spark advance. I got it running. But it had a strange rattling sound from inside the engine.
    I had to replace the head gasket, and to my surprise I found the noise. Someone had replaced the timing chain. But not the gears.
    And when they changed the chain out they left it inside the oil pan. Hey I can not make this **** up. So I put all new head gasket timing gears and chain tentioner. Even went as far as to put a new oil pump and new chain as well. At present it runs but not well. As I said before it only had the one vacuum line on it. And it was not right. So if anyone has a diagram that old idiot like me can read Please let me know.

7. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    Your not a idiot..............this is for b2000 also.

Click here welcome to the forum..if not right more there.

8. broke1

broke1 Full Member

house wife
    Thanks for the reply ! That is for B2200. I got a B2000 it is different. What is hard is there are so many parts under the hood that hook up to vacuum lines. There's one for the spark advance and one perhaps more for a choke. And there is dozens more that have lines running to them.
    But I have no idea as to what they are. Then you have , I know of two vacuum source on the manifold. And there may be more. I am going to need something with a lot of pictures. But thanks anyway.

9. poncho62

poncho62 Full Member

semi retired
    Home Page:
    First thing I would do is plug any vacuum sources on the carb and manifold. The line from the vacuum advance on the distributer goes to a port about 1/2 way up on the carb. That should get it running better for you until you can find a diagram

1 person likes this.
  10. poncho62

poncho62 Full Member

semi retired
    Home Page:
    Here is a diagram...what a mess.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.