1995 Chevrolet c1500 a/c delete

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by bahrkodu, Jul 27, 2013.

1. bahrkodu

bahrkodu Senior Member

I have a 1995 Chevrolet truck and I was wondering what everyone else has done for an ac delete on these trucks , do I have to buy a new pulley to replace the ac or can I route in a non ac belt if anyone has done this or knows some info that would be great

2. gpmorgan

gpmorgan Auto Banned

[​IMG]Not sure if this will help. Here are some routing diagrams that might cover what you are wanting to do.

3. bahrkodu

bahrkodu Senior Member

So are you saying that you just need to use a belt from a non ac vehicle?

4. gpmorgan

gpmorgan Auto Banned

Not really sure. I know some diagrans that are on the fan shroud show with and without a/c. Does your's have the diagram on the shroud? I will check and see if mine does. Not sure if mine is the same because it's a 92 but I will look. Does yours have the air pump on it?

5. gpmorgan

gpmorgan Auto Banned

I had to look in my attic because the shroud hasn't been on the truck for 8 years. It shows with or without a/c but looks like without the a/c you would have to add a pulley in place of the a/c. Mine has an idler pulley between the crank and a/c that would also have to be bypassed. Might be wasting your time here because of mine being a 92.

6. bahrkodu

bahrkodu Senior Member

No air pump just not sure if you have to put an idler in place of the ac

7. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Moderator Staff Member

Why do you want to delete the a/c? If its not on it acts like a idler pulley, there are pulleys you can buy to replace the a/c compressor, but should be able to go to auto store tell them you want a belt for non a/c on that truck and put it on just like there is a/c should be same routing just skipping the a/c compressor.