1998 chevy c1500 no heat HELP???

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by brentj45, Nov 30, 2008.

1. brentj45

brentj45 Member

1998 chevy c1500 5.7 350 have no heat i have replaced heater core, new thermostat, new blower motor, all blend doors work great, truck dosent lose water at all, and replaced lines to heater core still no heat and water seems to circulate great all hoses get hot etc. help please!!!:help:

2. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Welcome and howdy from TEXAS. Did you check to see if the pipes for the new heater core had plugs in them and what part of the world are you from? Maybe block the radiator with a piece of card board so that the radiator can get hot. I would have to do that to my 1957 Ford F100 it was a cool truck as well.

3. stumpuller454

stumpuller454 Well-Known Member

Could be a blend door in your HVAC unit that won`t open or close, could just be stuck sending cold air through it, or something to do with the heater controls on the dash,.....>stump

4. brentj45

brentj45 Member

from north carolina, and yea i had the cardboard idea just havent tried it yet im really getting fed up with messin with it but tired of freezin my *** off as well

5. mudseeker

mudseeker Senior Member

maybe try burping the system, you might have air in the lines.

6. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

I hear you it's 53' over here in TEXAS and were with the heaters on and the electric blankets and some are even pushing towels under the doors well not that bad but we don't care for that cold weather.

7. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

You mentioned the hoses all get hot.....are the inlet and outlet for the heater both the same temp? what is the engine temp Gage showing?
    if no gage, when the truck has been driven are the radiator hose so hot you can hardly hold on to them or luke warm? When you reassembled the dash are you you sure you hooked all the plugs, I tend to agree the blend door is not functioning if everything is hot....Something to try, with the engine off operate the controls for temp from cold to hot and listen to see if the door is moving

8. bradrhale

bradrhale Senior Member

just to make sure, you have checked all three blend doors?? mud might also be right in the fact that you have an air bubble trapped in the core. if you have not owned this truck since the beginning, make sure that you do not have a cutoff valve in the line. so people do not think to check the blend door when they cant get cold from the ac. so they will take a ball valve and put it inline to manually turn off the heat during the summer months. have seen that several times and once in a truck that i bought.

9. brentj45

brentj45 Member

you will never guess what the problem was... after missing two days of work and replacing alot of parts, i happened to take the cover back off the heater core and it feel in the floor the clip that holds the heater core in place had came loose and the heater core was just laying there so on my way home tonight i had a kick *** heater and thanks for all your help:applaud:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2008
  10. bradrhale

bradrhale Senior Member

thats a new one to me. thank you for sharing.