2000 K3500 PRNDL lights issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by stftruck, Feb 7, 2009.

1. stftruck

stftruck Member

I have a problem with the PRNDL lights. P & L light up when in gear but RND32 quit lighting up yesterday. Trans works fine (4L80-E). All other lights work fine. No blown fuses. Anybody ever see this before? Any suggestions? 2000 K3500 Crew 7.4L Auto 56K. Thanks, stftruck

2. stumpuller454

stumpuller454 Well-Known Member

can`t say i`ve seen that before in the OBS trucks, its pretty easy to remove the cluster and have a look at the lights back there, maybe some silly plastic peice broke and is covering the bulbs, got any picks of your truck?

I know on the NBS trucks the PRNDL switch on the trans causes the lights in the dash not to work sometimes, most comonly anyways, but they are $$$$ to guess at this point.

3. stftruck

stftruck Member

Thanks, I already looked at the range selector. Plug for feed to cluster is clean inside & nothing broken. Looks like I need to check the cluster for anything obvious. Maybe I can test the lights & feed from range selector. I tried to attach a picture...we'll see if I succeeded.

Attached Files:

4. stumpuller454

SWEET truck! i WISH i had a crew cab, you`ve got some low miles! i`m at 60k myself, and trying to finish up this supercharger.....[​IMG]

5. stftruck

stftruck Member

Thanks! I bought it @ 14k about seven years ago. My first Chevy truck. I'm impressed with it. Real nice ride for a 3500!! With the 4:10's I only get 11-12.5 MPG. With or without a load. I can't see the expence of installing 3.73 gears. Just have to live with it.

6. stumpuller454

yeah best i could get before tuning was that, but was getting 13-14 city this summer, my trucks alittle bit smaller though. and I`m sure I`ll be in the single digits this summer.....:)

have you changed your factory muffler? biggest gains in mieage was from getting a catback system with my truck...

7. stftruck

stftruck Member

Everything is bone stock. I put on one size bigger tire when I changed out the orignals though. Barely any room up front to clear those. It had a Debut conversion added from the factory. Lucky for me it did not have those fiberglass flares all the way down the side they always seem to add. Just a set of real SS step tubes & they painted the factory flares white to match truck. Also one of those lift up soft tonnue covers.