2000 silverado 2500 no brake lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by whensley, Nov 4, 2011.

1. whensley

whensley New Member

I have a 2000 silverado k2500 with the 7.4 liter and the old body style like the 98 or 99. My brake lights just stopped working. The third light, signals, and flashers are all fine. Twice ive fixed it (though im not sure how) and both times the next morning they wont work again. Replaced pedal switch and signal switch already and im getting power to my relay. I know the relay is good but somewhere after that im losing power. When I replaced the signal switch last night they worked fine. I walked away from the truck for a minute came back and they had stopped again. Im not even getting power to the plug next to the frame in the back.

2. chevychase

chevychase Senior Moderator Staff Member

Check connection at third light.. does park lights work?

3. whensley

whensley New Member

parking light work fine and as far as the third light it works fine also but do u mean the connection where the bulb plugs or at the pedal switch. I know very little about this. what i have figured out is what ive read from other threads on this site or just from messing with things myself which scares me cause knowing my luck ill end up screwing something else up when i play with wires.

4. Case 7230

Case 7230 Senior Member

May not be of much help to you but I remember reading something about a circuit board in the area of the spare wheel that can give trouble. Maybe check if you have that. If so check the connectors to it and maybe even consider replacing the board.
    Good luck.