4l80e trouble

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by Wild Bill 2010, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Wild Bill 2010

Wild Bill 2010 New Member

I bought a 94 c3500 td, if I It throws code 87. If I drive it normal it shifts fine. If I kick it down at all it stays there. Will not shift back up at all. If I turn key off and restart it, it shifts again. I have replaced both front and rear speed sensors on trans, New filter, both shift solenoids, fluid, ignition switch but it still does it. I do need to replace batteries but I don't think that's the issue. The plug in on the side of trans was full of clay and came right off, I cleaned it up and it seems to shift better but still gets stuck in 2nd gear I believe if you get on it at all. I'm at My wits end with this truck. I bought it to pull my 5th wheel. I hope someone has an idea to help me. I find it hard to believe the trans would be bad since I can drive it normal, just can't rush to get up to speed or kick it down to get to speed. Any thoughts?
    Thankyou

2. kbrown11

kbrown11 Full Member

Customer Service Representative
    maybe you can find a same year truck with a bad engine and swap transmissions.

3. Wild Bill 2010

Wild Bill 2010 New Member

I don't know as if the trans is actually bad though. I can get up to 70 on highway and drives fine. Just if you kick it down it stays there unless I cycle the key?

4. kbrown11

kbrown11 Full Member

Customer Service Representative