5 to 6 lug conversion

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by jsheriff1, Sep 10, 2011.

1. jsheriff1

jsheriff1 New Member

I want to convert my 2000 Tahoe 2WD Limited-5 Lug to late model 6 lugs. How involved is this? Which would be a perfect donor vehicle? I specifically want to run Silverado SS type 6 lug wheels on my Tahoe? How do I get started? Please help!!!

2. chevychase

chevychase Senior Moderator Staff Member

Easiest way would be with some adapters.. Could get six lug rotors up front.. either drill rear hubs .. or change axles .
    But the way to go would be adapters. Search wheel adapters... maybe summint racing . com ect.

1 person likes this.
  3. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Grab a 4 Wheel and Offroad mag, there are a few companies in there that have them.

4. chevyguy

chevyguy Senior Member

You can use adapters or you can do it right. Find the same year light duty 2500 2wd parts truck. Swipe the rear end and everything from the spindles out. They bolt right up to our trucks. Only odd parts is the offset u joint. Dont see why anyone would nto go this route as it would get you away from the 10 bolt rear axle that is the weak point on our trucks. I am considering doing this on my 94 1500 to get away from the 5 lug wheels adn the 15 inch tires.