84 chevy dual tank circuit

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by knlwarfield, Jun 24, 2008.

1. knlwarfield

knlwarfield New Member

Does any one know were i might find troubleshooting and wiring diagrams for my 1984 dual tank circuit. i can not get it to pull fuel from the right tank anf the fuel gauge will peg over full on the right side. any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Chevy_Finatic79

Chevy_Finatic79 Senior Member

maybe you have rotted lines or a bad selector switch

3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

have someone work the switch and feel to see if the valve is working, your guage works so the in cab part sounds ok

4. stumpuller454

stumpuller454 Well-Known Member

if it reads way over full you`ve probly got an open wire, and those selectors are common, i had to change a couple in my 80` and i only had it 3 years!!

300TH POST WHOOHOO!!

5. DeepDan

DeepDan Full Member

Isn't there a solenoid in under the bed that can go bad? My 87 does exactly what his does, the gauge registers, but she aint pulling fuel from the right tank. Course, I suppose the difference would be his fuel pump's on the motor and mine's in the tank, right?

6. knlwarfield

knlwarfield New Member

Thinking the selector is bad. ohmed the floats got good readings at different float positions. took selctor off a junk truck i have and the gauges read properly. I,ll go buy one see what happens. Thanks for the help eveyone. it is greatly appericiated.