91 Mazda B2600i 4x4 Ext Cab 2.6l VERY hard start in cold

Discussion in 'Mazda Truck Forum' started by AngryMidget, Nov 16, 2014.

1. AngryMidget

AngryMidget New Member

Started fine all summer, maybe 2 or 3 turns of key.. now it got cold, it takes a long time to crank up, i have had to get a jump a few times to get it fired up.

Got tis truck last spring , I LOVE IT.. i have see a few threads with similar problems with no answers, so im guessing condensation maybe a slow fuel pump?

pls any help would be nice. I do work on all my own vehicles, I havent EVER not got it done. just new to this motor and truck. any starting point will help

2. AngryMidget

AngryMidget New Member

ok does anyone know where i can get some diagrams of the fuel system from tank to injectors.

sry but im disabled and cant afford to go buy a manual :(

3. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Auto Banned

Truck Driving... what else?
    If you can't find the relative manual pages posted on the Internet, try the nearest decent library... our library has shelves full of manuals for older vehicles. Mr. C can probably locate the diagrams for ya here at this site, he's good at that sort of search.

2 people like this.
  4. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    Most time best to do a search on a 91 ford ranger 2.6..same as yours get better results..i will see what i can find for you. Might be a while.

5. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    Click here and here here and here if you need others let me know maybe i can find.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Location of fuel pump relay

How to check relay [​IMG]

6. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Could be just cold weather takes longer to start mine does in winter takes few second more cranking and it will bust off.

7. AngryMidget

AngryMidget New Member

got the truck the beginning of last spring.. Since i have first got the truck.. to start it. i would turn on ignition wait a sec or two crank for a couple secs, turn off and try again all spring and summer this worked with out fail;..if it sat for a few days i would have to repeat this process several more times....

then BAM late fall came up.. park truck at night next morning i go to start truck..I have to do this process some times 15 to 20 times just to get it to sputter a little bit.. after the first sputter 3 more turns of the key it would sputter to a start.. never idles over like 7500 or so.. if i go out and crank it every few hours i have no problem.. runs great no miss.. ive checked a few things and changed grounds and so forth..

To me after doing alot of research, im guessing one of two things losing fuel pressure, or something could be wrong with choke..

Mind you I NEVER touch the gas peddle during any start process..

8. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Being a 91 you shouldn't have a choke it should be fuel injected, you shouldn't have to touch the gas to start it, but for kick maybe give some slight throttle see if it bust of easier if it does its a fuel issue as when you give more gas it starts easier, you could be loosing fuel pressure through the fuel pressure regulator and cycling the key builds up enough pressure to start it.