!996 Chevy S10 Turn Signals

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by zbassman, Dec 24, 2006.

1. zbassman

zbassman New Member

:confused: Hello,
    I just purchased a 1996 Chevy S10 Pickup for my son. It is a nice looking truck considering it age. I am having a problem with the turn signals blinking really fast. I have checked all the bulbs and they seem to be working ok. So I am thinking it is the relay that needs to be replaced and
    my question is does anybody know where it is located in that truck.
    Thanks

2. pit_boss

pit_boss Full Member

flasher location

Ive got a 95 S10 Blazer which I believe is about the same, the flashers are located behind the plastic by the ash tray , you have to take off the lower panel to get at them.

3. 1500HD

1500HD Member

I hope this helps, my wife has a 98 jimmy. I had to change the flasher a couple of times, if I remember right it is located behind the glove box in a black plastic box. Drop the glove box down and you should see what I'am talking about. The first time I changed it, I turn the turn signal on and had to listen for it before if found it:rolleyes:

4. pit_boss

pit_boss Full Member

location on a 96

just looked again in my repair manual to see what year they moved them, It says 99 and later models are located behind the glove compartment, so your flasher is were I stated it was, didnt want you getting confused.