Age you got your first speeding ticket (math project, need 100 responses!)

Discussion in 'Polls' started by bdubs94, Jan 7, 2012.

1. bdubs94

bdubs94 Senior Member

warehouse worker (for now)
    Hey guys it's been a while! I'm doing a survey for math class and I need 100 responses within a week! im really puttin some faith in you so please come through for me! Thanks, Bdubs94

2. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    I was 17...that spells trouble there. Use to run to DC and South Carolina quite a bit.
    Never did get one for just speeding around town ect.
    Just on the Interstates . Va. has a points system ... well mine went to zero pretty quick.
    Licenses pulled pretty quick... sad day... had to pay quite a bit to get them back.
    And have never got another ticket for anything in 34 years.. learned my lesson hard way.
    Might get a few more responses.. i doubt a 100.

3. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    I was 17 as well bad thing was just getting my license and was in my moms vehicle, trying to keep up with my bosses wife at the time was hang door hangers for there auto repair shop, think it was just a warning, but still having to go home tell mom I got stopped right off the bat in her vehicle for speeding, not a good thing. First real had to pay speeding ticket I don't remember think was in my 20's was a hefty fine too, think about 200 bucks.

4. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Auto Banned

Truck Driving... what else?
    #4 Railsplitter, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
    Hmmm... in a 4-wheeler, I didn't get a speeding ticket till I was in my late 20s. Doesn't mean I wasn't hauling @$$, just never got caught. Got a few tickets for other offenses, rolling rights and rolling stops, but no speeding ticket until I was in the p.o.s. Plymouth Arrow, maxing out at 90 m.p.h. on CA79, downhill with the wind behind us and the cop hiding in the bushes. We were on our way to Stonewall Peak to go climbing after camping at Lake Henshaw (campgrounds near Stonewall were all full that weekend). The cop cut me some slack, fine-wise, because I didn't try to B.S. him, "Roger?" When he asked me how fast I was going, I enthusiastically said: "90, fastest this car has ever gone!!!" (LOL) The Arrow was NOT known for top-end speed, you understand, though it did okay on the streets. Lemme see... first speeding ticket in a big truck was received in July, '96, in a speed trap in NC. Mind you, in a big truck one can get a speeding ticket for doing a lousy "5 over"---especially in double-nickel states, where commercial vehicles are easy targets for revenue collection. Drivers are unlikely to appear in court to contest tickets, and they hafta pay the fines or eventually lose their licenses. So that's my answer: about 28 years of age when I got a speeding ticket in a 4-wheeler (that's anything with four wheels, not necessarily 4-wheel-drive), and 34 years of age when I got a ticket in a big ol' Freightshaker. In the trucking industry, a ticket is often referred to as a "driving award." That's my spiel, hope it helps, maybe you'd get more responses by asking on Craigslist (LOL). Good luck!!!

5. 87shortchevy

87shortchevy Full Member

I was 19. Took a very boring 2 day driver's safety class & got it removed from my record.

6. pcannon

pcannon New Member

Attorney
    Home Page:
    16. got off to a fast start!

7. batty1214

batty1214 Full Member

Mine Mechanic(tire guy)
    Haven't got caught for speeding yet. Im 27

8. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    You must be stealthy ..lol

9. Lil Harv

Lil Harv Full Member

Chemical Operator
    Never had a speeding ticket or moving violation Yet Big 4 0

10. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    HA stealthy more like lucky, most cops won't pull you over for doing around up to 10 over after that they will tag you.