Almost walked into this the other morning.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lonesome7.3, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Lonesome7.3

Lonesome7.3 Full Member

I have been getting up before dawn to PT. I usually walk right between these trucks when it is still dark. I thought I saw something but was not sure so I went around this time. Now, I consider myself rather reserved and I do not fear spiders. However, had I walked into this, I would have screamed like a little girl, danced around while running in a circle. And even though this spider is only about the size of my two thumbs together I would have seen a spider the size of my hand crawling across my face. Then, for the rest of the day, I would be swatting at myself because I felt something crawling on me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. batty1214

batty1214 Senior Member

I would have paid good money for a video of you doing the "Man turned little girl" dance... nothing like a good spider web run in to make a man squeal.

1 person likes this.
  3. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Auto Banned

All except Batty, of course... he'd throw some hot sauce on that thing and down it as an appetizer!!! :rofl:

In Panama, when traveling through the jungle at night in single file (the most common method), the guy on point ate spiders all the way, many of 'em bigger than the one shown here. :woot:

We get those big ol' fat garden spiders here in Coronado, and they often hang at head level, but they look scarier than they really are... the Brown Widows are WAY WORSE, but thankfully they build their webs low to the ground, for the most part.

Found a freakin' Widow in the house today, just inside the back door... sum***** must have crept in between the door and the "draft dodger." :no: Sprayed all thresholds and access points today with that Home Defense Maxx poison, had some left from the last invasion and I hope it works this time around.

4. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

I'd pay for that vid too!!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

5. goodkill

goodkill Senior Member

lol.........

6. Lonesome7.3

Lonesome7.3 Full Member

When I lived in Florida I would ride my ATVs in the woods. Sometimes, without warning, a huge bananna spider would appear on my goggles. Imagine dealing with that while traveling at a high rate of speed through the woods.

7. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Auto Banned

Down in Panama, there were some long lean spiders around 3"-4" fore and aft, and they were called "banana spiders"---had a greyish body with bands of color around 'em, looked for all the world like color-coded resistors in electronics, 10-4? Was that the same kind you encountered in FL? The ones in Panama were actually cool-looking spiders, but they had some big ol' fangs on 'em too and a troop didn't wanna walk into 'em if he could step around 'em. Other spiders down there were way uglier, but those banana spiders were pretty cool, as long as ya didn't hafta mack 'em all night. :rofl:

8. Lonesome7.3

Lonesome7.3 Full Member

The other day I grabbed a piece of wood in the garage and a black widow crawled across my fingers. Did nto phase me one bit. But walking into a wed in the dark, shudder...

9. gpmorgan

gpmorgan Auto Banned

I hear you Lonesome. I was mowing my back yard a few days ago and felt something on the back of my neck. Thought it was grass until I tried to knock it off and then felt it on my arm. Some kind of large spider?? Almost jumped off my mower. I definetly don't like spiders so I'm in the same boat you are in. They turn me in to less than a man you might say.

10. Lonesome7.3

Lonesome7.3 Full Member

Funny how something so small can do that.