Bad Gas Mileage, Running too Rich???

Discussion in 'Mazda Truck Forum' started by bigdogg1973, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogg1973

bigdogg1973 New Member

I need help with the air/fuel mixture an a 92 b2200. How do I adjust the dwell? And does anybody have the vacuum diagram for this truck. I pulled the one off the mazdatruckin site, but there are some (3 to be exact) vacuum hoses that I can't hook up. And where is the mixture solenoid valve located at?

Thanks,

Jose

2. bradrhale

bradrhale Senior Member

have to have a meter that meaures dwell. it will hook up to the dizzy. this is the main reason why i dump those and upgrade to the electronic ones. bein a 92, i can picture it having a solenoid. mixture should be determined by the ECM. look at an O2 sensor being a possible problem.

3. Pantharen

Pantharen Senior Member

do you have a stock carb?

Are you sure it is a Vacuum leak.
    You might be in the same boat I am, and a solenoid is done, and your computer has sent your carb to run in safe mode. In which either rebuild your current carb (but it is a nikki, and there for a piece of junk), or replace it with a Weber, or do like I do, and live with it.

Have you asked the guys on the forum in Mazdatruckin.com K6, knows just about everything about these trucks.

4. bigdogg1973

bigdogg1973 New Member

Today I changed the O2 sensor. I connected the dwell meter and it does not vary like it said it would on the mazdatruckin site, it would stay @ 20deg. I would have to rev it up for the needle to move on the dwell meter.

What is the dizzy???

The carb is stock, this truck was given to me because the guy did not want to deal with a blown head gasket. All that I have repaired. Truck runs great but the gas mileage is what gets me. I greatly appreciate you guys helping me out. I will also try K6 on mazdatruckin.com

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  5. Pantharen

Pantharen Senior Member

Distributor is a dizzy. What is your gas mileage.. even with mine in safe mode I am still getting 22 mpg.

6. bigdogg1973

bigdogg1973 New Member

I am getting around 16mpg. I'm gonna clean out the carb with some carb cleaner, see if that helps any.

7. Pantharen

Pantharen Senior Member

Other than bas gas mileage what other problems are you exeriencing, and what is your name on Mazdatruckin?

8. Case 7230

Case 7230 Senior Member

The dwell is the number of degrees of rotation of the distributor shaft during the time the points are open. Why would this vary with revs? Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.

9. bradrhale

bradrhale Senior Member

dont you mean closed??

10. Case 7230

Case 7230 Senior Member

You are probably right. So long since I worked with a dwell meter.
    However the point still stands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.