Battery Problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by chuck01, Jul 1, 2006.

1. chuck01

chuck01 New Member

I have a 1995 Chev pu Z71, 6.5 Turbo Diesel with chronic battery problems. 2 - Side post batteries. The lights will burn, the soleniod will click but the truck will not start. Batteries checked at NAPA were good. I cleaned the post and cable ends and that worked for about 2 weeks. Replaced the battery bolts but not the lead spacer between the two cable lugs on the main battery post. I'm thinking I should have. Anyway she is dead again. This time the the positive cables on the main battery will spin around on the bolt but the bolt will not break free from the battery. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. Hayden

Hayden Senior Member

buy a bolt to post adapter and top post battery and replace the bolts again.

3. mudseeker

mudseeker Senior Member

sounds like you may have cross-threaded the bolt if it won't come out. i would replace the battery and cable if you have to and use some prevenative spray once in awhile. if your battery has the side and top post, then connect the new cable to the top post. most stores carry universal cable ends.

4. chuck01

chuck01 New Member

Thanks for your replies. The bolt will turn but the cable ends turn with it. They are stuck to the bolt. I sprayed them down with WD40 all weekend but no luck. I am going to order a new set of cables and cut these loose. Thanks again.