Chevy 350 Throttle Body Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by DeepDownDave, Jan 9, 2009.

1. DeepDownDave

DeepDownDave New Member

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

I’m trying to figure out if these are replaceable, the problem is I don’t know what the **** they are called. I am also wondering if they are nothing more than plastic clips for the fuel injector wires. I have included a couple of pictures for your review. This is the throttle body on a ’93 Chevy 350 Silverado 2500 4x4. If you are wondering what happened, the truck wouldn’t start so I replaced the distributer cap, rotor and plugs. I had the air cleaner off, started the engine, then engine died and the throttle body caught fire. Well that is the long and short of it, your comments are appreciated.

2. bradrhale

bradrhale Senior Member

looks like the right injector got the most damage. you can buy a rebuild kit for the TB that is very easy to do. just follow the instructions. however, this kit does not come with new wire connections. you might be best to find an old unit and take the wires off if it. you might be able to splice in a new connection. this is not what i call sensor wire but i might solder it together along with heat shrink.

3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

Welcome to the forum
    I would also pull the dist cap off and make sure things are correctly put together
    did you leave a vac line of that it died?

4. 436'd skylark

436'd skylark Senior Member

That harness is discontinued from GM. Go to a Junkyard and cut and splice. real common problem with tbi trucks.

5. bradrhale

bradrhale Senior Member

for future referance, skylark, why was this discontinued?? because they stopped using them 15 years ago??

6. Erock80

Erock80 Senior Member

Last I knew you could walk into Auto-zone and get them either on their own or in a rebuild kit (I definitely know because I used to work there... used to, thank god). However, if that fails for some unforeseen reason I've come across them on Ebay. I believe they're just called a "tbi injector connector pigtail" or something of that nature. Best of luck with that.

Eric

7. 436'd skylark

436'd skylark Senior Member

probably. I've spliced a bunch in.

Good to know they are available across the counter..

8. batty1214

batty1214 Senior Member

you can buy every part needed. some just cost more than others........and the wire connectors can be hard to find, just as easy to get them from a different unit(a buddies truck?)

9. silverhairdeere

silverhairdeere Senior Member

10. bradrhale

bradrhale Senior Member

let me tell yall about autozone and ordering any part. (sorry for highj@acking the thread) went in there the other day looking for a blend door actuator. this came off a pete but 91 chevys used the same one. i walked out of there without one being order. said they couldnt get it anymore. this was asking 3 or 4 people being that almost 100% of the people even after we left, still didnt know what i wanted.