EGR code 32

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by trunkmonkey, Aug 24, 2008.

1. trunkmonkey

trunkmonkey New Member

Hey fellas! I have a 1994 gmc 4x4, 5.7 auto. How come i still get a code 32 even after i replaced the EGR valve twice and the solinoid twice both times with new parts. replaced vacuum hoses with factory new ones. All GM parts. Also pulled the intake and cooked it out clean. before i drive it the ECM is cleared, get about 5 miles down the road and the SES light comes on, go back and it reads 32. Should i replace the ECM??? The soliniod is working ive tested it (ground out the diag. terminal and vacuum passes through and holds, unground and the vacuum bleeds off) Thought maybe it was something totaly different like the TCC solinoid but when im driving i notice the converter does lock up and when i tap the brake it ulocks then locks again in a little bit.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

It is a lot easier to help when you tell us what you are working on!

3. mudseeker

mudseeker Senior Member

hmm. it's in the chevy section. code 32, so it's OBDI.

i'm guessing a 1994 c1500 with 180,000 miles.

sorry, just playing.:rofl:

edit: wow, i was close. his profile says 1994 K1500. now i wonder how close i was on the miles.:D

4. jimbo543

jimbo543 Senior Member

key on engine off, jump a to b on the diag conn under dash, watch the ses light flash for 5 mins, if light goes out or acts funny replace the tcc solenoid. i've only had 1 outta a couple dozen that didn't fail this test. the problem with the solenoid is there is a diode that's there for voltage spikes that goes bad.

Case 7230 likes this.
  5. trunkmonkey

trunkmonkey New Member

sorry, I was so frustrated i forgot to mention what i was working on. 1994 GMC 4x4, 223,000 miles. I edited my thread.

6. jimbo543

jimbo543 Senior Member

clear code, easier to see/watch code 12