Electric cooling fan

Discussion in 'Mazda Truck Forum' started by gmctrucks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Ok guys it not a Mazda truck it's my wife's Mazda MPV van well I have it at the shop due to a check engine light the EGR code came up so it won't pass the emissions test that we need to do here in Houston well it needed a sensor replaced I ordered it from RockAuto well it came in and I took it to the shop but it has to be driven for the computer to go to ready mode to do the test so we're picking it up tomorrow.

There is another problem the main cooling fan isn't turning so they replaced a fuse but it still has a problem well I did research on the van and I found out that the relay has a flaw so I sent the info to the owners cell phone but he doesn't like to be told what to do what I found out well I was just sharing info I found but he took it wrong or got pissed because I found the problem and not them so now he's saying it to much for his tech to do so I'm picking it up and trying something on my own hey I even told him I'm not telling you how to do the work I'm just sharing what I found then he said knowledge is power which is true but my knowledge pissed him off oh well I'm done with that shop hell I even gave him $200.00 dollars in advance trying to help him out.

Guys I don't know much on electrical work but I found info to where some other MPV owners just bypassed the relay and ran the hot wire to a toggle switch but I'm thinking since the fan is the main one I was thinking of just running the hot wire to something that has power when the key is turned on or van now guys do I have to put a relay on the hot wire I want to use and is it best that I place a in line fuse on it???
    Thanks! GMC

I might be totally wrong about wanting to do this but many owners do it due to that flaw another thing I was told on last Friday both fans are working but then when he got the info I sent him he came out with were going to check the fan more closely dont come for the van yet now why would he say that if he said there both working I even told him I had to check if the fan was running with a flashlight oh he also said it has a bad fan module well this year MPV doesn't have a module it just has the relays all in all he's been lying to me which I can't stand it oh he even told me we moved some wires around and it working for now but he didn't know for how long that's a bunch of BS homie don't play that meaning me.

MrMarty51 likes this.
  2. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

WOW GMC, I would tell Him, Don`t You touch another thing, go get it.
    An after market relay can be installed. Just be sure that the new relay is of a high enough amperage rating to more than handle the fan. 30 amp units are available.
    Wire it in with a fuse immediately at the source of power to the batt terminal of the relay connector. A fuse right at the relay connector to the fan too.
    A wire from the temp sensor to the connector for the signal and the other side of signal terminal to ground.
    Not a lot to it.
    Some relays have five terminals, one terminal can be dismissed.

leolkfrm and gmctrucks like this.
  3. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

Here is some real good diagrams and how they works.
    Click the CLICK

leolkfrm and gmctrucks like this.
  4. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Use a test light to find switched power use a good fuse when those fans kick on they take some power till they spin up.

MrMarty51 and gmctrucks like this.
  5. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Guys we picked it up yesterday evening we took it with a full tank of gas we got it back with less than a quarter of a tank grease on the inside door panels and seats and carpet one of the door handles they replaced was loose I fixed it a bit ago the plastic tabs that are placed over the door panel screws looked like they were taken off with a knife and now they won't even click back in place they said the primary fan engine was working NOT I was also told the van needed to be driven more to make ready the computer to do the state emissions inspection sticker well with that much gas it should have been enough miles not unless gas was stolen from it and the worse part of it we dropped $350.00 dollars for crap work another thing the door lock cylinder was placed on wrong now the door has to be unlocked the opposite way my wife found candy wrappers in it as it was joy riden we called him back and he said leave it here more days so we can clean it up and fix it I told him when a shop calls the owner and says come and get your vehicle it should be all ready finished up and clean as it was taken in my wife was so upset she was crying I had to just step back at his shop or I would be locked up right now.

MrMarty51 likes this.
  6. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

Get the BBB{Better Business Bureau} on it, You will get Your money back through them.

gmctrucks likes this.
  7. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

I thought of that but I just want to place a big X and bad feedback on the shop.

MrMarty51 and leolkfrm like this.
  8. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Go to review sites like yelp leave bad reviews if the have a facebook page though it may get removed but may not at least it gets seen. Hel.l make up a sign stand in front of his shop tell him make it right I go away. Here news channel has a in your corner segment they go out for people like you most times they get their way and get things right.

MrMarty51, leolkfrm and gmctrucks like this.
  9. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Ok guys I have a question the wife's Mazda MPV hasn't come up with no check engine light now what I did is I disconnected the battery because I didn't trust the shop I took it to they said they reset the computer well we have driven it 80 miles or so and no check engine light has come on so today I took it to the auto supply store they read the codes and only the fan relay came out but the van isn't getting hot oh no check engine light is on so I took it back to where they failed the inspection sticker and I asked them no check engine light is on but the fan relay code came up well the manager of the shop told me it still won't pass the inspection sticker I think he's full of it because all the emissions are fine now I also heard that the state of Texas will allow one code to be up but not two do any of you guys know about this???
    Thanks! GMC :help:

I even told the guy I was thinking of running the fan that's not turning on direct with a relay the guy said no it still won't pass due to it will come up on the computer again I think he's full of it help again. :help:

MrMarty51 likes this.
  10. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

i would not have told them about the code

MrMarty51 likes this.