Engine pulleys

Discussion in 'GMC Truck Forum' started by gmctrucks, Nov 14, 2016.

1. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Hey guys I know that my 1987 Burb 5.7 engine was the first year they came out with the TBI engine so I'm wondering would the pulleys be the same as my 1993 5.7 engine why I'm asking because I found a seller on eBay that has a good deal on underdrive pulleys but it's for a 1987 5.7 Chevy now all I really need is the water pump pulley I already have the alternator and crank pulleys I'm thinking the 1987 pulleys will work on my truck?

I have mentioned before that on HOT summer days here in Houston my truck will run a tad hotter because the pulley is the stock one on the water pump and the other two are underdrive pulleys so I'm just trying to get it back to stock now I'm not having a heating problem but I have always wondered maybe I should have spent the extra money to get all three pulleys but I was just trying to save a buck ok I'm cheap I admit it.

I'm running a high output water pump which does push more water I have compared them and I'm running a three core all aluminum radiator including the tanks I'm also using a 160' stat due to my chip and really guys I really felt no more power with the chip but I did with the pulleys so please let me know.
    Thanks! GMC

Another thing I bought my water pump used it was from some guy that had ordered the wrong pump well when I tried installing it I noticed that the pulley holes wouldn't match with this other pump so I made new holes on my pulley and it worked perfect I drove over to my buddies house and we ran into that problem good thing he had a drill press because we did a great job oh I just remembered we had to cut a little piece off the pump housing because it was hitting my power sterring bracket.

2. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Anyone out there know about the fit?

3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

sorry no...never messed with under drive pullies, never saw an advantage to them