Front headlights

Discussion in 'GMC Truck Forum' started by gmctrucks, Nov 9, 2017.

1. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

74EDD04F-E4FE-4273-B6AB-4D0F55F938E3.png Guys I have a F/S 1993 GMC Truck well I want to know will these bulbs posted above fit my truck high beams will there be enough room they stick out more than just regular bulbs?

On my low beam I have some LED OPT7 bulbs and they do fit well but I’m not in the mood to remove one of the headlights to check clearance I know it’s only two screws but I’m being lazy and the wife and I just ate at Texas Longhorn I had half a slab of baby back ribs they were good and it never fails after I eat I get super sleepy.

2. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Two screws to remove the headlight your lucky. To change bulbs in my 94 I have to remove the grill reomv the headlights then remove the bulb unless there is a way around that.

3. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

#3 gmctrucks, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    dr yours should be the same as mine it’s just two silver looking screws they are long one is by the headlight adjuster look at the video.

I’m just wondering if one of you guys know if there is enough room for the bulbs I want to try but now looking at the video I don’t think they are going to work look at the space not enough but for the low beams there is so I’m passing on buying the bulbs I posted hey now we all know

MikeG likes this.
  4. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Well hel.l I thought those long acrews were the adjusters. I have been lucky so far haven't a needed to change the bulbs as long as I have had the truck, and its been since about 2002 it had 135k on it and now has 250k with no bulb replacement but now I say this will go and turn lights on and bulbs will burn out. I wanted to put brighter bulbs on but they are high dollar though. I did use a turtle wax headlight restore kit it does work but does not last long about 6 months and the plastic goes dull again, I need to find a better kit or have it done, my car is same way needs it done again so headlights are brighter.

MikeG and gmctrucks like this.
  5. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

My brother has a 1999 suburban and he has led bulbs on his high beams so they should work on my truck but I went a head and bought a set of 9006 and had them set to my other brother for his 2004 HD truck.

6. scavanger

scavanger Full Member

machinest working on retireing come June 2015
    I hit plastic with 600 paper , then then wet sand with 1000 then with 3000 , DA works great for this. the use body rubbing compound in as many stages as you want till you are happy .

MikeG likes this.
  7. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Let me tell you what’s up by me buying my brother the bulbs I posted above it’s that my other brother that I have in San Antonio gave me some regular eBay no ballast LED bulbs but I never tried them on my truck because my son put on OPT7 9006 on my low beams so the last time I went to see my other brother on McAllen, TX well I gave him the bulbs so he put them on in the evening so he went to pick up his daughter and it got dark so when he turned on headlights he said his old 1963 VW bug lights were brighter which some of you guys know they are dark or not bright so when he got home he put on his old bulbs well I seen a video on the LED bulbs I posted above and they are as bright as my OPT7 bulbs but cost a lot less so I had the seller sent them to his adddress so I will let you guys know the results because I’m SUPER happy with my headlights especially when traveling dark roads at night oh I paid $25.99 for the bulbs not a bad price but again will see.

MikeG likes this.
  8. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    I want to change to a brighter bulb as well, just didn't know what the best one would be. I also didn't know it was this easy.

gmctrucks likes this.
  9. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    Hey gmc, do the bulbs you posted (or the ones I quoted) require a ballast?? I found a few kits that are pricey, also found just HID bulbs only but will have to buy the ballast kit separate.

10. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Mike I really don’t know if you wait till my brother receives them I will let you know but I did write the seller he said they are plug and play but he didn’t answer my question if they came with a ballast another thing I know the Opt 7 bulbs do come with two ballast but again if you wait let’s see what my brother says the seller is sending them to him.

MikeG likes this.