Heat won't shut off and is too HOT???

Discussion in 'GMC Truck Forum' started by Indiana GMC, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Indiana GMC

Indiana GMC New Member

My 2001 GMC Sierra has a problem that I can't figure out. Everything works fine most of the time. The heater works, air conditioner works. The blower motor is going out and tweets a little on the number 1 setting but that's not a major problem yet. My big problem is that occasionally, the truck will blow Extremely Hot Air out of all the vent and you cannot shut it off. It doesn't matter if you turn the dial to cold or air conditioner. It doen't matter what I do, it just blows out Hot Air. Very hot air! Like not normal hot air. And I also noticed that during this time my dash is very hot also. The numbers on my radio and most surfaces on my dash are hot from the hot air blowing through. I called my mechanic and he said he has never heard of anything like this before. I wanted to try to fix it myself if I can before I have to pay a fortune to get it fixed by someone else. Anybody have any experience with this problem or suggestions. Thanks

2. wvtommy

wvtommy Member

try to turn on the recir botton that should out all outside air

3. Indiana GMC

Indiana GMC New Member

That doesn't work either. Thanks though!

4. 72'CaminoKid

72'CaminoKid Senior Member

bypass ur heater core, it will still blow, just cold..... dont really no that that would help u though, just go from one extreme to another

5. chevyguy

chevyguy Senior Member

Dont bypass the core, The idea is to fix the problem , not hide it. Sounds like you have a vacuum problem with the air door control. Gonna take some looking under the dash to find it. With passenger airbag, you may want to seek out professional help.

6. 72'CaminoKid

yea, cg's right about what i said on the core..... but money is tight around here, so we cant always afford to fix it, but we normally are able to make it somewhat bearable.....

7. chevyguy

chevyguy Senior Member

I understand where you are coming from, Not trying to argue with you, just seems like he was wanting to fix it, not just stop all the heat completely.

8. Itstali25

Itstali25 Senior Member

Getting under the dash in those new vehicles isn't like the ones in the old days........*sigh* lol

9. 72'CaminoKid

anything on cars these day's is harder than it used to be

10. Indiana GMC

Indiana GMC New Member

Sounds like a problem that needs to be addressed by a mechanic. I need the blower motor on the heater replaced anyway.
    Thanks