Help "Pimping" the 88 f150 out

Discussion in 'Ford Truck Forum' started by Deyton, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Deyton

Deyton New Member

Wannabe Auto Mechanic
    #1 Deyton, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Sup fellow truck enthusiasts, I have a 1988 ford f150 2door 2wd v6 it is white with rust spots in places(not terrible) and it nose dives.(truck is higher in the back than the front) Im trying to turn this 1988 ford f150 into a truck that will stunt on every other truck in the parking lot. I have a budget of about $4000 and I can paint the truck myself but I can't decide what i want to do to it. i know i want 20' rims and 33' mud terrain tires and a lift but I've yet to be able find everything. if you guys would like to help me out you guys can get a amazon list or something together of stuff i can "Pimp" the truck out with. I thought this was a interesting idea, Thanks!

2. jkeaton

jkeaton Full Member

Engineer
    Spend your money on maintenance first. Suspension, brakes, tune up. 33"s on 20" wheels won't look good at all.

gmctrucks likes this.
  3. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

I say maybe consider buying a 4X4 already lifted and ready to get after it with your 4K and the selling of your truck I also agree with JK above but it's up to you good luck.

4. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    I agree with JK look at putting in some work on maintence and upkeep buying a used truck, some owners just drive the piss of them trade them or sale them off when issues pop off pawning it off somebody else. Need to be ready for small stuff, hoses belts leaks brakes tires thats just a start, then think about the mileage on said truck when last time ball joints and tie rods been replaced theres a few hundred there, then look at about 2k in lift kits for a good decent complete lift kit that does it all, there goes the 4k you wanting to stay at.

Like was said if wanting a lifted 4x4 look for one where the hard work is already done already lifted, then just do the small maintence stuff then be ready to play.

But one word of warning if buying a used 4x4 look at the axle bearings and what not VERY closely most buy 4x4's to play in the mud and water, you could end up buying a worn out money pit.