How to learn about trucks in general?

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by Ryann, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Ryann

Ryann Member

Sorry to ask this again, but noone in the last thread was much of help. I want to learn about the workings of trucks and how engines work and what parts do what and such. I have about 0 knowledge on the matter, but I was looking into buying a truck to fix up as I'm 16 and will be getting my Driving Permit in a few days.

2. Kennyray

Kennyray Moderator
    Staff Member

Maintenance
    I would buy a Haynes or Chiltons for the truck that you get and go from there. I learned from doing and reading.

gmctrucks likes this.
  3. jkeaton

jkeaton Full Member

Engineer
    Agree with Kenny. Also, whatever you are interested in learning, use google to your advantage. Tons of info and videos online. Pick one thing at a time. Search and start reading/learning. Nothing you will learn overnight. You have to read and apply. Practice. You will screw things up but you will learn from your mistakes. You have to do this for yourself if you want to learn. No one can teach you over the Internet.

gmctrucks likes this.
  4. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Already told you what to do to learn books and youtube watch auto repair shows like stacy davids gears. He shiws how to work on them and explain things. You didn't read what others posted in your first post asking this same question. There were good ideas of what to do. Take a class at a local votech school. Lots of ways to learn how.

gmctrucks likes this.
  5. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

I agree again what all said above in time your going to say like Urkel (DID I DO THAT):rofl: