NEEDING SOME CHEVY TRUCK PARTS

Discussion in 'Truck Classifieds' started by Partshunter, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Partshunter

Partshunter Senior Member

Backyard Mechanic
    FOR: 98 Cheyenne Ext. Cab, 4.3 Vortec, 5 Spd. Manual

**Looking for some decent Bucket Seats, OR: 60/40 Bench Seat w/Center Fold Down Console. Prefer Light Grey in color, but would accept other shades of Grey or Black.

NOTE: WHAT I HAVE IN MY TRUCK NOW IS A 60/40 BENCH (60 DRIVER). NON CONSOLE TYPE WITH THE TWEED MATERIAL AND LIGHT GREY VINYL TRIME AND HEAD RESTS. THERE IS A TEAR IN EACH END AT THE SEAT LEVERS. THESE ARE THE BENCH THAT HAS THE MOLDED CURVED AREA FOR THREE PASSENGER. FRAMES ARE IN EXCELLENT SHAPE, BUT WHERE THE TEARS ARE WOULD NEED TO BE REUPHOLSTERED.

IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR THIS TYPE OF SEAT SPECIFICALLY, LET ME KNOW BECAUSE WILL BE AVAILABLE QUICK AS I CAN GET THE SEATS THAT I'M WANTING.

**I ALSO NEED DRIVERS SIDE ARM REST, LIGHT GREY, FOR MANUAL STYLE PANEL.

**ALSO LOOKING FOR SMOOTH FRONT BUMPER AND NICE REAR BUMPER

I'm located in Indianapolis, IN, and would prefer to find some close. BUT- For the right deal......?

Salvage yards here are seemingly picked clean at the moment

Let me know if you have something.

Martin

2. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

My next pigup will have buckets with the console, preferably leather and heated, I want all the bells and whistles that a 95 or older has to offer.
    one ton, single or dually, crew cab, long box, 4X4 and diesel. a 3/4 ton`d be good too long as it is a crew cab, with all of the above specs.
    One problem, I do`nt know if I could come to sell My 93 K1500, it has been such a good pigup. Whenever I think about getting rid of it, I get a sort of a knot in Mine gut.

2 people like this.
  3. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    I love my bucket seaets and center console, I thought about going bench just to have a extra seat up front, but rather keep my bucket seats.

3 people like this.
  4. Partshunter

Backyard Mechanic
    You can still have a Bench, sorta. Swap out your center console for what is calleed a Jump Seat. This is a section for the middle which has the seat belt attached, and has the flip down console/arm rest w/cup holders etc. have a person needing that center seat, just flip back the console and voila'! Since you have Buckets already, that would be easy- and there are many configurations/console styles to choose. Check em out on Ebay, just type in "Chevy Jump Seat."

2 people like this.
  5. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Yea I complete seat set that was same color that had a jump seat, but I didn't look at it when I bought them they were for either a burb or a regular cab truck as the pass side seat didn't unlock and slide forward so I had to sell them, I was gonna make them work but would have to build a frame to sit on and all sorts.

1 person likes this.
  6. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

I`ve had to sit on one of those jump seat things for quite a few miles, they is not too comfortable. :rofl: :no: :help: :rofl:

2 people like this.
  7. Partshunter

Backyard Mechanic
    Just wanted to make sure everyone knew that I sold the bench and have installed buckets/console. You can ncheck em out in my albums.

I am looking for a perfect tail gate- but will probably just buy new one.

2 people like this.
  8. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

That bucket seat conversion came out very nice.
    Looking in the album, I see what appears to be a short piece of square tube under the front of the drivers side seat mount. Was that to get the hole alignment or were new holes needed to be drilled ?
    How mch dollars was needed to purchase such a nice setup ?

1 person likes this.
  9. Partshunter

Backyard Mechanic
    I got the seats for $50.00 ($600.00 seats), but the 1/4" X 2 X2 pieces, and four brackets I made for rear mounts, I have about $20.00 in that and bolts. I needed to make the seat height even, the right side sat diffrrent. The pieces you see evened them up and was able to install easy. Both sides front used orig. holes, but had to drill 4 holes for backs. I welded a little plate (4) bottom of floor (strength) and drilled holes.
    I bolted the tubing squares with holes drilled completely through, bolted the tube to floor in orig. holes, the bolted seat to tube with bolt/nut. The back ones are 1/4 X 2" flat stock folded 33 degrees. Bolted these to floor, then bolted seats to those brackets. Wired them and work perfect.

1 person likes this.