OMG...My door chime won't SHUT UP!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by celinaman060, Sep 1, 2008.

1. celinaman060

celinaman060 Member

I just replaced the interior driver's side door handle because it came off in my hand. I put a new one in and now my door chime won't turn off :)flamingmad:) unless I turn off the ignition and remove the key. Now, I didn't reassemble the entire door yet because I don't want to have to take it apart again. Please help. Thanks.

2. brad4eva

brad4eva Senior Member

model? yr?

3. junior3382

junior3382 Senior Member

inside the door lock mechanism is the sensor to tell the ECU the door is open. When you reinstalled the door handle assembly, you may have not connected that sensor properly. I have a similar issue in my Mazda, but simply pulled the fuse. Double check the old vs the new and make sure it went it properly.

4. celinaman060

celinaman060 Member

1995 Silverado 1500. Also, now I notice that my interior lights will not turn off even when the dor is shut.

5. rdhack

rdhack Senior Member

Shoot It! :)

6. 87c10slammer

87c10slammer Senior Member

pehaps you messed up the pin that tell the bell to stop dinging when you shut the door. just a thought

7. mudseeker

mudseeker Senior Member

is the door interior back on? is the little "button" on the door still there where the pin on the dash touches?

8. celinaman060

celinaman060 Member

I'm sorry guys, I'm such an idiot. The kill switch for the door chime is on the left hand side of the dash. If you don't put the whole door panel back on it never comes into contact with the switch. Sorry for wasting your time. Thanks anyway.

9. heavychevy85

heavychevy85 Senior Member

it sometimes comes down to the dumbest things for somthing to happen right wich i'm sure we all have done i know i have just thaught i throw that out there

10. junior3382

junior3382 Senior Member

after muds post, that was going to be my thoughts... I forgot that some of those fullsizers had it set up like that. Glad to see you got it fixed though.