PLTW Oil Change Help

Discussion in 'Polls' started by mroseboom10, Feb 27, 2015.

1. mroseboom10

mroseboom10 New Member

Twin Valley High School Engineering Survey:
    Hi, my name is Sam Rippy, and Iam a senior working in an engineering team at my high school. We are currentlyenrolled in a class called Engineering Design and Development, and our task isto identify, justify, develop, design, create, and test a unique idea, andpresent it to a panel of engineers at the end of the semester. The purpose ofthis survey is to gain justification for the problems we have identified andassist us in our goal to come up with a solution for one of the problems.Please answer the questions to the best of your knowledge to aid us in oursearch for a solution to this issue.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jnGrMSiBkYU-hOH2t0Od2Z97pOV9Ek1EWZLOV3INwcE/viewform?usp=send_form

1 person likes this.
  2. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Again like your creeper post there are lots of products on the market for better ways to change oil, to kits that have a tube and valve and so forth, changing oil is messy no way around it.

3 people like this.
  3. 96silverado

96silverado Full Member

What type truck do you drive daily mroseboom..?..how did you find "Truckforum"?..man,whatta great site, even the 'sticky notes' on the main page are such great reads don't you find?..what is your favorite thread so far mrose..?

3 people like this.
  4. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

mroseboom, what kind of oil do You use in Your truck?
    What methods of capturing the used oil, do You use ?
    How many quarts get captured and how many lands on the floor?
    UHHhhh, I`ll think of more to add to My survey, in a while.

2 people like this.
  5. mroseboom10

mroseboom10 New Member

I drive a 1985 F250 2wd... I found this forum by searching for truck forums on the web that I thought could help us with our surveys. Haven't really went through this forum specifically looking at the threads, but they seem be interesting from scanning over them.

1 person likes this.
  6. mroseboom10

mroseboom10 New Member

MrMarty51, I usually put Pennzoil 10w30 full synthetic in my 5.0l engine. I normally capture the oil from the drain plug by putting the oil pan below it but sometimes it splashes or gets all over my arm. The oil filter is not that hard to take off but oil still does drop on the ground but that's not too much oil

2 people like this.
  7. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

OK, If You stick around, there is much to learn in here.
    There is a LOT of knowledgeable people that does a lot of replying to a lot of questions and problems. I know, after being a mechanic for over 31 years, just one of the mechanicing jobs I have had that, I sure have learned a LOT by hanging out in here.
    Brings back a LOT of things I had forgotten too.
    I will now take Your survey. I just had to throw out a test, to see if You are for real or not. thas all.

2 people like this.
  8. 96silverado

96silverado Full Member

Sorry, but I am no good for this survey currently...as at the moment, my creeper is just lush and plain ol green in color..that's right, my freshly cut lawn is my "go to "creeper until ChevyChase builds me a decent garage...

1 person likes this.
  9. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    Build a garage know what happens..yup gets filled with worthless junk . My riding mower,and other equipment is laying under my shed with a foot of snow on it.
    When it melts off ,i,am going to get all tore apart put it back..smaller but stronger...my garage is 2 story has rooms over it gamble style roof/like a barn. they call it gamble..cause you gambrle for it to turn out right..it did.
    I built flat shed roofs on one side,and the back..know what they say?? don't have to be stupid to build a flat roof but it helps much.
    This is roof looks like .random pic plus i built a big stupid flat roof off the back .

[​IMG]